Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Metrics drill down for Date hierarchy is not working as expected

Hi,

We are working on metrics drill down report. Below is the output expected in the Power BI report.

Expected Output <Table 1>

<<Please refer to image attached>

table1.PNG

Power BI View: <Table 2>

<<Please refer to image attached>

Table 2.PNG

Date hierarchy and Type is coming from one table and Project Name and BU is coming from another related table.

We have used the following measures to display the Type, Project Name and BU values in the power BI report.

Test_Project_NAME = CONCATENATEX(VALUES('Type'[Type]),'Type'[Type], UNICHAR(10))

Test_milestoneType = CONCATENATEX(VALUES('Project Name'[Project Name]),'Project Name'[Project Name],UNICHAR(10))

When we drill down the hierarchy at day level it looks ok and we get the expected output as shown in table 1. But, when we move to the Month/Quarter/year level it breaks i.e. shown in table 2. If the project is available against multiple Type it is merged and shown against one Type, similar for the BU column (Shown in Table 2)

Please let us if the measure is written correctly to get the Type, ProjectName, and BU details or there is some limitation for the metrics report to display the hierarchy for multiple columns from the related table.

Thank you.

3 REPLIES 3
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

I can't. Power BI doesn't work like Tableau. My recommendation is that you stop "fighting the API" and embrace the Power BI paradigms.

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

It does exactly what you asked it to do.  Do not concatenate the values if you want to see them in separate matrix cells. You will not be able to create your desired table 1 in Power BI, that is not how Power BI works (no merged cells)

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Can you please help me to write the measure if I want to see in a separate metrics cell. The way Tableau reporting showing in table 1.

Thanks.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors