Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Memory error when using rank formula

I have a measure "App version sorted Total Duitable Shpmts Col", and for each unique [ecom source name] which is a column, there is a number in the measure. 

KimberleyTayJY_1-1663931214864.png

I want to display the [ecom source name] with the highest number in the measure "App version sorted Total Duitable Shpmts Col".
I have created the following measure to obtain the [ecom source name] with the highest number in the measure "App version sorted Total Duitable Shpmts Col":

Most used App Version =             
MAXX(
TOPN(1, 'CIN Data Quality', [App Version Sorted Total Duitable Shpmts Col], DESC),
[Ecom Source Name]
)

The formula works fine for small numbers of rows when I filter the table visualisation.

KimberleyTayJY_3-1663931978794.png

But when I don't filter, the table has over 200,000 rows, which leads to an error as shown below in the card:

KimberleyTayJY_4-1663932032465.png
When i click "see details", it shows the error below:

KimberleyTayJY_2-1663931896915.png

Is there a way I can obtain the [ecom source name] in the visualisation without ranking them?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

1. Create a measure to find Maximum of measure.

Most used App Version Total Duitable Shpmts = MAXX(ALLSELECTED('CIN Data Quality'),[App Version Sorted Total Duitable Shpmts Col])

2. Create another measure to find [ecom source name] value when measure = maximum value above.

Most used App Version = 
CALCULATE(MAX([Ecom Source Name]), FILTER(allselected('CIN Data Quality'),[App Version Sorted Total Duitable Shpmts Col]=[Most used App Version Total Duitable Shpmts]))

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

1. Create a measure to find Maximum of measure.

Most used App Version Total Duitable Shpmts = MAXX(ALLSELECTED('CIN Data Quality'),[App Version Sorted Total Duitable Shpmts Col])

2. Create another measure to find [ecom source name] value when measure = maximum value above.

Most used App Version = 
CALCULATE(MAX([Ecom Source Name]), FILTER(allselected('CIN Data Quality'),[App Version Sorted Total Duitable Shpmts Col]=[Most used App Version Total Duitable Shpmts]))

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors