Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Measure to display the same period last year

Hi,

I need to calculate the total number of jobs from last year against this year, but only up to today. This runs from a Financial year Nov - Oct, so i need to display the figures for FY 2019 Nov - (TODAY) instead of the full year.

I have managed the follwing - however, whilst it shows the correct values (highlighted), it shows other values too which arent needed. As I won't actually be using this in a table i need to make sure it only shows the values for the same period. Any ideas what i cam doing wrong?

SamePeriodLastYear = CALCULATE(DISTINCTCOUNT(FactShipment[ShipmentID]),SAMEPERIODLASTYEAR(DateDim[MasterDate]))

Capture2.PNG

Not sure if it helps but this is my Date Table, the Masterdate is filtered by the Fiscal Year.

Capture.PNG

1 REPLY 1
ibarrau
Super User
Super User

Hi, you can try creating a condition that set as BLANK() the result if the date is after today. Like this:

Medida = 
IF (
    MAX(Table[DateColumn]) < NOW(),
    CALCULATE (
        DISTINCTCOUNT(FactShipment[ShipmentID]),
        SAMEPERIODLASTYEAR(DateDim[MasterDate])
    ),
    Blank()
)

That will work for the table for sure. If the requirement is another visualization, let us know what you need to build.

Regards, 

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Happy to help!

LaDataWeb Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors