Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

lulcasl
Frequent Visitor

Measure resulting on wrong value within the context

There are two rolling measures I'm trying to achieve but both of them are NOT working as I think they should.

There are no blank/empty/null values (pbix attached in the end) and yet it still doesn't work.

I'm trying to calculate a "rolling distinc count" based on shifts and my subtotals are resulting on different values than they should.

My Measure 1 is basically this:

On shift 1 (Turno 1, between 0h to 7h ), I'm calculating the DISTINCTCOUNT of each f_MovMad[Placa do Cavalo] line within the shift.
On shift 2 (Turno 2, between 8h to 15h ), I'm calculating the DISTINCTCOUNT of each f_MovMad[Placa do Cavalo] line within shift 2 AND shift 1 (between 0 am to 15 pm)
On shift 3 (Turno 3, 16h to 23h), I'm calculating the DISTINCTCOUNT of the whole day (Turno 1, 2 and 3).

Heres the DAX:

Measure 1 =

SWITCH(
MAX(f_MovMad[Turno]),
"Turno 1", CALCULATE( DISTINCTCOUNT(f_MovMad[Placa do Cavalo]), f_MovMad[Turno]="Turno 1" ),
"Turno 2", CALCULATE( DISTINCTCOUNT(f_MovMad[Placa do Cavalo]), f_MovMad[Turno]<>"Turno 3"),
"Turno 3", CALCULATE( DISTINCTCOUNT(f_MovMad[Placa do Cavalo]), ALL(f_MovMad[Turno])))

The exact same error is happening with me with the SUM running total on Measure 2:

Measure 2 =
CALCULATE (
COUNT(f_MovMad[Placa do Cavalo]),
FILTER (
ALL ( f_MovMad[Turno] ),
f_MovMad[Turno] <= MAX ( ( f_MovMad[Turno] ) )
)
)

imagem_2021-03-15_221556.png

For example, the "CORRECT 2" column it's the way it should SUM correctly on "MEASURE 1", so the expected result should be this:

imagem_2021-03-15_222005.png

The values within "Turno 3" should always be the same as the subtotal, since they both calculate within the same context, whole day.
I'm stuck with this formula for a couple of days now, I would be extremely grateful if someone could help me troubleshoot this!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
jameszhang0805
Resolver IV
Resolver IV

@lulcasl  Please correct your measure to :

Contagem Placas AC = 
SWITCH(
    MAX(f_MovMad[Turno]),
    "Turno 1", CALCULATE( DISTINCTCOUNT(f_MovMad[Placa do Cavalo]), f_MovMad[Turno]="Turno 1" ),
    "Turno 2", CALCULATE( DISTINCTCOUNT(f_MovMad[Placa do Cavalo]), f_MovMad[Turno]<>"Turno 3"),
    "Turno 3", CALCULATE( DISTINCTCOUNT(f_MovMad[Placa do Cavalo]), ALLSELECTED( f_MovMad[Turno]))
)

Viagens Realizadas ACC = 
VAR _Max = MAX( 'f_MovMad'[Turno] ) 
RETURN 
CALCULATE( 
    [Viagens Realizadas],
        REMOVEFILTERS(),
        f_MovMad[Turno] <= _Max ,
        VALUES( 'd_CadTransportadoras'[Tipo de Transporte] ),
        VALUES( 'd_Calendário'[Data] )
    )

And the selected column in your chart 

jameszhang0805_0-1615872904451.png

Result:

jameszhang0805_1-1615872964601.png

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
jameszhang0805
Resolver IV
Resolver IV

@lulcasl  Please correct your measure to :

Contagem Placas AC = 
SWITCH(
    MAX(f_MovMad[Turno]),
    "Turno 3", CALCULATE( DISTINCTCOUNT(f_MovMad[Placa do Cavalo]), ALLSELECTED( f_MovMad[Turno]))
)

Viagens Realizadas ACC = 
VAR _Max = MAX( 'f_MovMad'[Turno] ) 
RETURN 
CALCULATE( 
    [Viagens Realizadas],
        REMOVEFILTERS(),
        f_MovMad[Turno] <= _Max ,
        VALUES( 'd_CadTransportadoras'[Tipo de Transporte] ),
        VALUES( 'd_Calendário'[Data] )
    )

And the selected column in your chart 

jameszhang0805_0-1615872904451.png

Result:

jameszhang0805_1-1615872964601.png

You're a lifesaver! Worked perfectly.
As I could see I was using the wrong column for the context ("d_CadTransportadoras"[Tipo de Transporte]) but I didn't urderstand the difference between ALL and ALLSELECTED for the "Contagem Placas AC" measure, can you explain the logic difference between them?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors