Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

MrAndrewth85

Measure does not work with slicer.

Hi.

I have the following formulas to calculate the variation in the number of customers from one year to another:

• Num Customers Last Year = CALCULATE (                                                                                                                                                           SUM ( FACT_Customers[Number of Customers]),                                                                                                                                           PARALLELPERIOD ( DIM_Dates[Date], -12, MONTH) )  
  • YTY Customer Growth = SUM (
FACT_Customers[Number of Customers]
)
- [Num Customers Last Year]

• % YTY Member Growth = DIVIDE (
    [YTY Customer Growth],[Num Customers Last Year]
    )
 When I use the card visual to see the % variation of customers, these formulas works perfectly if I filter on the visual an specific date. For example, (using the advanced filtering) "date is" 12/31/2022, and I get the percentage growth of customers with respect to 12/31/2021. But, if I add a slicer to freely choose any date, I get blank on the card. I already tried to change the filter to "is on or after" in order to have a wide range of dates, but it did not work. Also, I eliminated the filter, but this did not work either. Any idea how I can synchronize these formulas with the slicer?

Thanks in advance!

Andres 

2 REPLIES 2
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@MrAndrewth85 , Make sure dim_date is used in slicer and visual as per need.  Join with Dim_date should be single directional and it should have all dates and marked as date table

Try LY like

• Num Customers Last Year = CALCULATE (                                                                                                                                                           SUM ( FACT_Customers[Number of Customers]),                                                                                                                                           dateadd( DIM_Dates[Date], -12, MONTH) )  

Why Time Intelligence Fails - Powerbi 5 Savior Steps for TI :https://youtu.be/OBf0rjpp5Hw
https://amitchandak.medium.com/power-bi-5-key-points-to-make-time-intelligence-successful-bd52912a5b...

Thanks for your answer, amitchandak!

At the moment, the solution you have given me has not worked. In the model, DIM_Date and FACT_Customers tables are linked by Date Key, so I think it should be enough for the slicer to affect the measurements, but it is not doing it, and neither did it with the calculation that you suggested me to do for customers LY. Let me understand a little more about being sure dim_date is used in slicer and visual as per need. Do you mean that I use it in the filter of each visualization?

Thanks again for your answer!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors