Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

dofe2009
Frequent Visitor

Measure Total incorrect

Hi,

I am struggling with a measure total.  My row total is fine but the grand total at the bottom is wrong (just the one cell!) I can see why it is wrong but I'm not sure how to fix it.

If you look at the image you will see that I have planned and an actual colum.

planned is measure summing:-

= CALCULATE (
SUM('Activity_view (2)'[Hours]),
FILTER (
'Activity_view (2)',
'Activity_view (2)'[SQL_ID] = 2
)
)

unplanned is a measure summing this:-

= CALCULATE (
SUM('Activity_view (2)'[Adherance Hours]),
FILTER (
'Activity_view (2)',
'Activity_view (2)'[SQL_ID] = 1 && 'Activity_view (2)'[transtype] = 2
)
)

and additonal to planned this:-

= IF ([Over Hours Actual Planned] - [Over Hours Planned] <0 , 0 , SUMX('Activity_view (2)',[Over Hours Actual Planned] - [Over Hours Planned]))

I have tried this and it actually returns nothing:-

= IF(HASONEFILTER('Activity_view (2)'[UserID]),
IF ([Over Hours Actual Planned] - [Over Hours Planned] <0 , 0 , SUMX('Activity_view (2)',[Over Hours Actual Planned] - [Over Hours Planned])))

Capture.PNG

Any help would be appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

ok, this has been causing me a problem all day but ive cracked it.

I created a second measure that uses the first:-

Over_Hours_Unplanned_Step_1 = IF(SUMX('Activity_view (2)',[Over Hours Actual Planned] - [Over Hours Planned]) < 0, 0, [Over Hours Actual Planned] - [Over Hours Planned])

Over_Hours_Unplanned_Step_2 = VAR __Unplanned = Summarize('Activity_view (2)','Activity_view (2)'[UserID],"__value",[Over Hours Unplanned_S1])
RETURN
IF(HASONEVALUE('Activity_view (2)'[UserID]),[Over Hours Unplanned_S1],SUMX(__Unplanned,[__value]))

and all is well!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
sturlaws
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi, @dofe2009,

you don't get 0 in the column total of [additional to planned] because [actual] is greater than [planned], but because in your if-statement use hasonefilter([UserID]). In the total you don't have a filter on UserID, as you want to see the sum for all users which satisfy the conditions.

Try this instead

Actual - Planned =
VAR _tmp =
    SUMX (
        FILTER ( 'Table'; 'Table'[Actual] > [Planned] );
        'Table'[Actual] - 'Table'[Planned]
    )
RETURN
    IF ( ISBLANK ( _tmp ); 0; _tmp )

The code between VAR and RETURN is not neccessary, it is just there to make to code cleaner and easier to read, as you only need to write the SUMX-part once.

Hi,

I am struggling somewhat with this, i have tried your suggestion but my values are measures they aggregated  rows together first.

I tried your with the measures and with the full syntax as if the measure didn’t exist but i can’t get it working.

the measure for actual and planned is below...

Over Hours Actually Worked = CALCULATE (
    SUM('Activity_view (2)'[Adherence Hours]),
    FILTER (
        'Activity_view (2)',
        'Activity_view (2)'[SQL_ID] = 1 && 'Activity_view (2)'[transtype] = 2
    )
)

Over Hours Planned = CALCULATE (
    SUM('Activity_view (2)'[Hours]),
    FILTER (
        'Activity_view (2)',
        'Activity_view (2)'[SQL_ID] = 2
    )
)

I need a way of taking one from the other (if actual is greater than 0 then show a value else 0) and this works using the below measure it’s just all the totals are 0?  it’s got me stuck!

This is another way I have tried, and it again works for the row but not the total...

Over Hours Unplanned = IF ([Over Hours Actually worked] - [Over Hours Planned] <0 , 0 , [Over Hours Actually worked] - [Over Hours Planned])

Your help would be greatly appreciated.

ok, this has been causing me a problem all day but ive cracked it.

I created a second measure that uses the first:-

Over_Hours_Unplanned_Step_1 = IF(SUMX('Activity_view (2)',[Over Hours Actual Planned] - [Over Hours Planned]) < 0, 0, [Over Hours Actual Planned] - [Over Hours Planned])

Over_Hours_Unplanned_Step_2 = VAR __Unplanned = Summarize('Activity_view (2)','Activity_view (2)'[UserID],"__value",[Over Hours Unplanned_S1])
RETURN
IF(HASONEVALUE('Activity_view (2)'[UserID]),[Over Hours Unplanned_S1],SUMX(__Unplanned,[__value]))

and all is well!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors