cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Helper III
Helper III

Measure Sum using Dates

Hello All

I have a column called FY_QTR and it has values like 1st QTR, 2nd QTR, etc. I also have a column called StorageCharge which has dollar values.

I want to create a Measure that will Sum the Storage Charges for the 2nd Quarter. How would that be written in DAX?

I need to make this into a measure becuase I am going to use this measure to add to another measure on a different page Thanks for any help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

hey,

Measure = calculate(sum(table[storagecharge], table[FY_QTR] = "2nd QTR"))

if this helped over with your question give some kudos and mark as solution for others to find it. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

if I understand correctly you talking of multiiply condition for the sum sure you can do this adding filters on the measure example:

Measure = calculate(sum(table[storagecharge], table[FY_QTR] = "2nd QTR" , table[CPUCharge] = "value parameter"))

and so on you add by "," a new filter condition.

Solution Sage
Solution Sage

hey,

Measure = calculate(sum(table[storagecharge], table[FY_QTR] = "2nd QTR"))

if this helped over with your question give some kudos and mark as solution for others to find it. 

View solution in original post

Thanks worked great and I will accept as Solution! I do have a follow on question, how would I write this if I have mulitple fields to add for 2nd Qtr-----say I have Storagecharge, CPUCharge and MemoryCharge (all frome same table) and need to include them all in the formula you gave me?

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

Experience what’s next for Power BI

Join us for an in-depth look at the new Power BI features and capabilities at the free Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

secondImage

Power BI Women

Join our monthly meetings and learning sessions.

secondImage

Congratulations!

We are excited to announce the Power BI Super Users!

secondImage

The largest Power BI virtual conference

100+ sessions, 100+ speakers, Product managers, MVPs, and experts. All about Power BI. Attend online or watch the recordings.