Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Measure Sum using Dates

Hello All

I have a column called FY_QTR and it has values like 1st QTR, 2nd QTR, etc. I also have a column called StorageCharge which has dollar values.

I want to create a Measure that will Sum the Storage Charges for the 2nd Quarter. How would that be written in DAX?

I need to make this into a measure becuase I am going to use this measure to add to another measure on a different page Thanks for any help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
StefanoGrimaldi
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

hey,

Measure = calculate(sum(table[storagecharge], table[FY_QTR] = "2nd QTR"))

if this helped over with your question give some kudos and mark as solution for others to find it. 

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! / Did it help? Give some Kudos!

Proud to be a Super User!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
StefanoGrimaldi
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

if I understand correctly you talking of multiiply condition for the sum sure you can do this adding filters on the measure example:

Measure = calculate(sum(table[storagecharge], table[FY_QTR] = "2nd QTR" , table[CPUCharge] = "value parameter"))

and so on you add by "," a new filter condition.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! / Did it help? Give some Kudos!

StefanoGrimaldi
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

hey,

Measure = calculate(sum(table[storagecharge], table[FY_QTR] = "2nd QTR"))

if this helped over with your question give some kudos and mark as solution for others to find it. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks worked great and I will accept as Solution! I do have a follow on question, how would I write this if I have mulitple fields to add for 2nd Qtr-----say I have Storagecharge, CPUCharge and MemoryCharge (all frome same table) and need to include them all in the formula you gave me?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors