Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

tmendoza
Helper III
Helper III

(Managing Roles) Assigning Row-Level Security with Measures Is Making Visuals Go Blank

Hello all,

This is my first time posting to the community, so I hope this works.

I've been banging my head against my monitor trying to figure this one out.

I've got a table that counts the number of employee's by their Job Title, Level and Job Family.

BI Table.PNG

What I'm trying to do is assign a Role that does not allow folks to see Rows that have an Employee Count of 2 or below.

This could allow people to figure out salaries based off of the other visuals that express labor costs.

"Employee Count" is a measure expressed by (DISTINCTCOUNT('Employee Detail'[Employee]). I'm trying to use this in my DAX formula; however, the formula is making all my visuals go blank.

I've also tried this DAX expression that exclueds the measure, but still makes all my visuals blank.

DISTINCTCOUNT([Employee])>"2".

DAX RLS.PNG

Can anyone offer my a solution that will allow me to create a role that will stop people seeing any rows that have an employee count of 2 or below.

Thanks,

Tom

5 REPLIES 5
Stachu
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi, can you add sample tables (in format that can be copied to PowerBI) from your model with anonymised data? 

Column1 Column2
A 1
B 2.5

Specifically the Employee Detail table as well as the measures that you show in the visuals
As described here:

How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly 

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
Thank you for the kudos 🙂

I can do better than that. I've got a PBIX file that has been redacted that has everything in it to mimic my problem. Just not sure how to send it out to the community.

Stachu
Community Champion
Community Champion

usually peopple post on OneDrive Google Drive, would that work for you?

Sure does

Stachu
Community Champion
Community Champion

cool, please post when you upload the file

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors