Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Manage Roles with Multiple Filters

Hi,

I need to filter my table by using the managing roles. When I try to use the DAX command in a calculated column, it works perfectly fine. However, in my manage roles the DAX is not working. Basically, I want to filter the Brand = "DEF" with their ItemId that Ends with "G". In manage roles, the brand wouldn't even show up in the report when role testing conducted.

Here is my DAX command for the calculated column

IF([Brand]="ABC" || AND([Brand]="DEF",RIGHT([ItemId],1)="G"),TRUE(),FALSE())

DAX command for manage role

[Brand] in {"ABC"} || AND([Brand]="DEF",RIGHT([ItemId],1)="G")

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi. It turns out that the table used was linked by the original/source table so the command used was still correct. Thanks 🙂 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @amitchandak yes I do select the role. However, brand DEF does not appear in the report when I select and test the role. I need to filter multiple field which comprehend Brand must be DEF AND the item code must ends with G.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi. It turns out that the table used was linked by the original/source table so the command used was still correct. Thanks 🙂 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors