Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

AleksandrMe
Resolver I
Resolver I

Looking Solution for COMPLEX SLICER

Good day All, 

I'm looking for comple slicer solution. I will try to explain: 

I have 5 shops - every shop has audit every 3 month and as the result of the audit every shop generates excel file. So in 6 month I have 2 files from the same shop: 

Shop 1 - Shop 1 Audit 1.xls - Shop 1 Audit 2.xls and so on. Each Audit file is similar in structure. I extract content for my dashboards. 

What I do next I sort all this data per worst numbers and I see where things are bad, however there are shops which my get better with the next audit. 

I want ot create slicer which will take the latest report for the same shop (all reports or latest)

Any ideas here? 

PS: Names of files are complex, connection between same shops are made by "Name of Shop" in the same field of all excel files. 

Thnaks a lot,

Aleks  

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well, you can number reports so that the latest one (for each shop) always has number 1. When you import files into Power Query you can put a number on each line that will tell you which report you're dealing with. If 1, it's the latest. If 2, it's the one before the latest... and so on. Then you can use this field (hidden in the UI) in your measures to return what you want. Does this not solve your problem? By the way, how do you get these numbers? Well, when you import your Excel files, PQ also gives you the dates when the files were created. From this you can easily figure out how to create the numbers.

Thnaks, numbers not the issue anymore, I gues I need help for beginner to write measure and use that for slicer? 

measure should be filtering report column as per shop name. Similar way If I created table with first columnt shop name and use (Distinct count) and second column report name (show last one) - so if I write something like that as one line measure and use it for slicer?! 

This is table I use on another report showing ship name (shop in my example) and showing firs and last report - works fine in this case....

AleksandrMe_0-1616166404572.png

Thnaks

Aleks 

jameszhang0805
Resolver IV
Resolver IV

Hi @AleksandrMe , once you uploaded the data into PBI, you will see some dates of your excel file in the power query. Maybe you can use them to identify the version of your shop data.

jameszhang0805_0-1616053860952.png

Thanks, I also extract date of particular report from each file content. I can filter them by date. Problem is that some shops have 3 ausits, some only one - frequency is dymanic as well. Latest audot report normally identified by sorce file name:

01-2020 Shop One

02-2020 Shop Two

03-2021 Shop One 

So, If I use table, I choose show last in the row and will show me last file in connection to particular shop (DATA Connection established) 

How to filter all content of Report to use only LAST files for every shop - this is remains a task. 

Cheers

Aleks 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors