Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Kemalnugraha
Frequent Visitor

Limit dax with value from visual card

Hi, 

can i limit "calendar" table maximum date with value from visual card automatically? 

the visual card and year week slicer is from another table named "calendar master"

Kemalnugraha_0-1653216874480.png

or any other method will work?

4 REPLIES 4
Jihwan_Kim
Super User
Super User

Hi,

Could you please describe why the limitation of maxdate of a calendar table that is dynamically changing is needed? Some problems might be solved by creating a virtual calendar table that the maxdate is limited by the selection from the master-calendar-table. 

If you need a dynamically-changing-calendar-table by the user's selection from a slicer, please try to consider to solve a problem by creating a virtual calendar table.

If this post helps, then please consider accepting it as the solution to help other members find it faster, and give a big thumbs up.

Go to My LinkedIn Page

i want to see the data shown by any card visual which is YTD calcualtion from other many table (about 50 table with many measure) with relation to calendar table per yearweek (YYYYMM), if i using regular slicer the data wont show because its YTD calculation, i need to limit this master "calendar" based on slicer filter or is there any method?

Hi,

Thank you for your feedback.

I am not sure if I understood your question correctly, but I think creating one more disconnected-calendar-master-slicer table might solve the issue.

In order to fix existing YTD measures, the date that is selected by a slicer (disconnected slicer) may be added into the measures to limit the max date.

If this post helps, then please consider accepting it as the solution to help other members find it faster, and give a big thumbs up.

Go to My LinkedIn Page

daXtreme
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

No, you can't. Model tables are always static. They are refreshed only at data refresh, not when a measure changes or anything on a visual.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors