Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Last value of a calculated column based on slicer options.

Hi I need help with forming a measure.

My scenerio:

LocationDateItemquantity soldTotal item sold for the day%of the total sold for the day
East1/1/2020Burger5010050
West1/1/2020Burger4010040
East1/1/2020Fries5010050
West1/1/2020Fries6010060
East2/1/2020Burger8010080
West 2/1/2020Burger7010070
East 2/1/2020Fries2010020
West 2/1/2020Fries3010030
East3/1/2020Burger6510065
West3/1/2020Burger7510075
East3/1/2020Soda3510035
West3/1/2020Soda2510025

The total item sold for the day column and %of the total sold of the day are calculated columns.

their DAX are 

Total item sold for the day = Calculate(SUM(('data'[Quantity sold]),ALLEXCEPT('data','data'[location],'CD3,4,5'[Date]))

%of the total sold of the day = DIVIDE('data'[Quantity sold],'data'[Total item sold for the day])

I have 2 slicers, one controlling the Item, and the other controlling the location.

slicer option seletec: Item = Fries, Location = West

I have a measure created for latest date

Latest Date = CALCULATE(LASTDATE('data'[Date]),ALLEXCEPT('date','data'[Item],'data'[location])

Now I need another measure to show the cell for %of the total sold for the day for that latest date.

So i can have the following table visual:

Latest Date%of the total sold for the day
2/1/202030

I'm having trouble coming up with the measure. 

I tried 

LOOKUPVALUE('data'[% of total sold for the day],'data'[Date], [Latest Date])
but it gave me an error, I think it is because the column % of total sold for the day is a calculated column.
Tried lastnonblankvalue too but my %of the total sold for the day is a column not a measure.
Do you guys have any measure/DAX/ways/ideas so that I am able to see the most recent value based on teh slicer options?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for help so far, but I already found an answer by myself already, which is to use the KPI visual, with '% of the total of the day' as the indicator and 'Date' as the trend axis. The inidcator shows the latest value of the % of the total, with location slcier and menu item slicer selected an option each.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous , Try like

divide(CALCULATE(lastnonblankvalue('data'[Date],sum(table[Total item sold for the day])),ALLEXCEPT('date','data'[Item],'data'[location])),calculate(sum(table[Total item sold for the day]) ,all(table)))

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi thank you for reply but when I implemented it, it gave 0% for all slicer options. 
I really think the answer is 
LOOKUPVALUE('data'[%of the total sold for the day],'data'[date],[Latest Date])

But it shows ' cant display the visual' for all visuals

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for help so far, but I already found an answer by myself already, which is to use the KPI visual, with '% of the total of the day' as the indicator and 'Date' as the trend axis. The inidcator shows the latest value of the % of the total, with location slcier and menu item slicer selected an option each.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors