Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

tnovackova
Regular Visitor

Last value in each category for each group over months

Hi everyone,

I have data about opportunities. Important columns for my question are OpportunityId, Date, Stage (in what stage opp is - Contacted, Verbal yes...) and Amount. Whenever something about an opportunity changes, its in new row (unchanged values remain the same). 

My assignment is that I have to make a chart (Stacked Column Chart in Power BI Desktop) which shows months on rows, values on columns and stage as legend. Also I have a filter that filteres just rows, that shows last stage of every opportunity in each month (if stage changes in one month, I want to see the last one a the last value). Chart should look like this:

image.png

On the first look it seems fine. But when I filter data just for one opportunity, I want to see last stage in every month, not just in months where some change happened:

image.png

In the picture above there is no data for May. But the opportunity didn't change since April and in May there should be the same value and stage (as in April). 

What should I do? 

Thank you very much for your help!

Tereza

14 REPLIES 14

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors