Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

cdawidow
Helper III
Helper III

LASTDATE Not working as required

Hi guys, I am trying to retrieve the most recent QTY On Hand for each product in my inventory but the trouble I am having is that for whatever reason, some of these products can be present on multiple order lines of the same order with the same order date and time making it difficult to calculate the most recent QTY On Hand.  Below, is an example of such case.  My formula is the following : 

LAST INVENTORY VALUE = VAR X = CALCULATE(MAX(INTRAN00[TXQOH]),LASTNONBLANK(INTRAN00[TRANSACTION DATE],1)) RETURN X

mrd.PNG

Highlighted in Green is the value I want to retrieve but my formula currently retreives 298.  But , Based on the time reference (TXTIME) the most recent transaction is 7394480 *TXORD#) focusing on the last line (TXLINE) of that order which is 4.  

So essentially my formula needs to take into account order time as well as the very last line number in instances such as these. 

Any recomendations ? 

1 REPLY 1
VahidDM
Super User
Super User

Hi @cdawidow 

Try this:

LAST INVENTORY VALUE =
VAR X =
    CALCULATE (
        MAX ( INTRAN00[TXQOH] ),
        FILTER (
            INTRAN00,
            INTRAN00[TXTIME] = MAX ( INTRAN00[TXTIME] )
                && INTRAN00[TXLINE] = MAX ( INTRAN00[TXLINE] )
        )
    )
RETURN
    X

If this post helps, please consider accepting it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Appreciate your Kudos!!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors