Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

GiuseppeTE
Frequent Visitor

LASTDATE FILTER

Hello,

I need on the follow table a formula that will extract just last value. (94.118,74)

the filter to apply are:

1. lastdate of  [shift_date]
  2. the max of  [shift_no]
  3. [status]=200

thanks in advance for your help

lastdate.JPG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@GiuseppeTE ,

I am sorry. I thought you wanted a measure that would give you 1 value to use in a visual. Upon rereading this, I see that you are really looking for a column. There may be a better way to do this and I am sure that you can consolidate this, but I have run out of time. So, I created some columns mostly with if statements and added them to the table. It is not pretty, but I believe it works.

I added 4 columns which as I said you can probably consolidate:

Cycle 1.PNG

selected_last_date = LASTDATE(ALL(Cycles[shift_date]))

selected_last_shift = IF(Cycles[status] =200 && Cycles[shift_date]=Cycles[selected_last_date],(Cycles[shift_no]))

last_actual_cycle_time = (IF(Cycles[status] =200 && Cycles[shift_date]=LASTDATE(ALL(Cycles[shift_date])) && (Cycles[shift_no])= MAX (Cycles[selected_last_shift]), Cycles[actual_cycle_time]))

cycleactuallast = MAX(Cycles[last_actual_cycle_time])

As I said I was working on putting this into one column, but ran out of time, so there may be some duplication, but with these columns it works.

For a single measure that you can display in a card, I have this:
FINAL = VAR Maxdate = MAX(Cycles[shift_date])
VAR Maxnumber = CALCULATE(MAX(Cycles[shift_no]),Cycles[shift_date]=Maxdate)
Var Maxstatus = 200
return Calculate(MAX(Cycles[actual_cycle_time]),Cycles[shift_date]=Maxdate,Cycles[status]=Maxstatus,Cycles[shift_no]=Maxnumber)
Cycle 2.PNG
If this solves your issues, please mark it as the solution, so that others can find it easily. Kudos are nice too.
Nathaniel

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Nathaniel_C
Super User
Super User

Hi @GiuseppeTE ,

Try this, my table is 'Find Shift'.

Last Shift Date = CALCULATE(Min('Find Shift'[CycleActualLast]),'Find Shift'[Status]=200,'Find Shift'[ShiftNo]=3,LASTDATE('Find Shift'[ShiftDate]))

If this solves your issues, please mark it as the solution, so that others can find it easily. Kudos are nice too.
Nathaniel

Find shift.PNG

Hello Nathaniel,

thanks for your feedback but are not work as I need.

Infact the result is on the last column on the  follow table.

I need the last one value by the formula. In the case below 15618,22

formula dax.JPG

lastdate.JPG

Hi @GiuseppeTE ,

So the last one does not have a status = 200?

What does your formula return?

Nathaniel

hello 

you are right.

I made a mistake the last one have to be linked with 200.

The picture I attached is the result of your formula. 

Giuseppe

Hi @GiuseppeTE ,

So do you think it is working?

I dummied up a table with the last rows from your picture. However I did notice that of the rows that I used, the last column values were the same, so I put in unique values. The second picture shows the result of 15, which is what I would expect, unless I do not understand your question.

What sort of data is this? I am just curious...

Nathaniel

Cycle Actual Last1.PNG

Cycle Actual Last.PNG

Hello Nathaniel and thanks for your curiosity. Really I need to solve the issue and maybe I semplified too much the real table I have to manage.

Anyway here below your last formula with the results on my table.

formula dax.JPG

lastdate.JPG

So let me tell you that in my table there are 50columns and 330.000 row.

Now the formula I am looking for have  extract the value of actualcycletime corrispondent at the last date available, max shift, with status 200. So on the picture above is 7074110,43.

In addition if this can help you, for me is not so necessary to select the status (200), but absolutly I have to select the value of actual_cycle available at the:

1. lastdate [shift date] and then
  2. at the max value of [shift_no]  that is not always 3.

Thanks

Giuseppe

@GiuseppeTE ,

I am sorry. I thought you wanted a measure that would give you 1 value to use in a visual. Upon rereading this, I see that you are really looking for a column. There may be a better way to do this and I am sure that you can consolidate this, but I have run out of time. So, I created some columns mostly with if statements and added them to the table. It is not pretty, but I believe it works.

I added 4 columns which as I said you can probably consolidate:

Cycle 1.PNG

selected_last_date = LASTDATE(ALL(Cycles[shift_date]))

selected_last_shift = IF(Cycles[status] =200 && Cycles[shift_date]=Cycles[selected_last_date],(Cycles[shift_no]))

last_actual_cycle_time = (IF(Cycles[status] =200 && Cycles[shift_date]=LASTDATE(ALL(Cycles[shift_date])) && (Cycles[shift_no])= MAX (Cycles[selected_last_shift]), Cycles[actual_cycle_time]))

cycleactuallast = MAX(Cycles[last_actual_cycle_time])

As I said I was working on putting this into one column, but ran out of time, so there may be some duplication, but with these columns it works.

For a single measure that you can display in a card, I have this:
FINAL = VAR Maxdate = MAX(Cycles[shift_date])
VAR Maxnumber = CALCULATE(MAX(Cycles[shift_no]),Cycles[shift_date]=Maxdate)
Var Maxstatus = 200
return Calculate(MAX(Cycles[actual_cycle_time]),Cycles[shift_date]=Maxdate,Cycles[status]=Maxstatus,Cycles[shift_no]=Maxnumber)
Cycle 2.PNG
Nathaniel

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors