Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Keep filtered value in new table

Hi all,

I am trying to create a table similar to the line graph's as below:

Capture123.JPG

However this line graph is filtered by a slicer and depending on the filter applied, the estimated kWh would differ. 

Eg filter: ID: 0001,0002,0003,0004

The underlying data is something like the below, where we have thousands of unique meter IDs with their kWh at different date time.

Capture22571.JPG

What I'm trying to achieve is whether I am able to create a table of sum of kWh at each datetime (as per the line graph table) , but keeping the filter that was applied, so that i can make another column of  "actual kWh" in another column, and sum them up to be displayed on the graph (i.e. estimated plus actual kWh).

Hopefully I explained it well, let me know if need more explaination.

Thanks team. Appreciate if someone could help.

Kind regards,

Eric 

3 REPLIES 3
Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

Nope, I am not following this. Please see this post regarding How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly: https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/How-to-Get-Your-Question-Answered-Quickly/ba-p/38490

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Greg. I will try again, and have attached the pbix file for context  :

1. I have metered data for a few different sites (identified by MeterSerialNumber1)

1.JPG

2. I plot them as a line chart to get :

2.JPG

Note that I have filters on the MeterSerialNumber1

3. For the line chart, if I click "Show as a table", the table shown as below:

3.JPG Which is a sum of kWh for all the filtered MeterSerialNumber1 grouped by the Date.

My problem is:
I want to create a NEW table as pointed by the blue arrow above. But keeping in mind that it varies with different combination of MeterSerialNumber1 selected. i.e. kWh column for 1/1/2019 12:30:00 a.m. will differ with different combination based on filter on slicer. 

The next step for me is so that I can add another column of values (in this case, will be estimated kWh), then I can do a "calculated" New Column (actual + estimated). 

Thanks.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

I am experiencing a similiar issue. I have tried using SUMMARIZECOLUMNS(Table['Date'],AnotherTableThatHasDataLinkandSlicersApplied,'kWh',SUM(Table['kWh']) and SUMMARIZECOLUMNS(Table['Date'],'kWh',SUM(Table['kWh']). Are these even the right functions?

I, like you, just want to make a table that is has same results as what is showing when select 'Show Data' on graph

Any help would be greatly apprecaited, this is driving me nuts!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors