Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Julian Time Conversion

My data is imported from JDE. I have 2 separate columns for Date and Time. 

Eg:

Date: 121195

Time: 224012

How can I convert Time from Julian format to HH:MM:SS format? I want it as a separate column rather than a measure.

4 REPLIES 4
v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous 

I have a question to confirm . What does 121195 represent ? What does 224012 represent ? 

If the time format you want , what should be this time according to the data you provided ? You need to provide specific calculation logic so that we can provide the corresponding formula.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Data imported from JDE shows Date and Time in Julian format as separate columns

For Example:

I have the date as 119200 and I have another column with time stored as 161140.  I have managed to convert the date and I've got 19 July 2019 after conversion.

I used Power Query to get the Date:

#"Calendar Date Updated" = Table.AddColumn(#"Calendar Promised Ship", "Date Updated Cal", each #date(1900+Number.IntegerDivide([Date Updated], 1000),1,1)+#duration(Number.Mod([Date Updated], 1000)-1,0,0,0))

8048237_1-1662545808560.png

I'm not sure about how I can get time to be converted from the Julian format of 161140 to standard HH:MM:SS. I don't know what Julian time 161140 corresponds to in standard format.

tamerj1
Super User
Super User

Hi @Anonymous 

you may try

CONVERT ( TableName[Date], DATETIME ) + CONVERT ( TableName[Time], DATETIME )

Anonymous
Not applicable

That didn't work, unfortunately.

What I want is to fill the '?'. But what I'm getting is this Calculated Datetime.

8048237_0-1662545734230.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors