Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Sean_OL

Issues with Selected Value and a Direct Query Dataverse Table

I'm having an issue with some pretty simple DAX that did work, then stopped. 

I have an Orders table, and I wanted to use a simple Power Apps form to allow people to add comments to a linked Dataverse Table via the Power BI report. It works like this:

• I am passing a measure that is SELECTEDVALUE('Order Details'[Order/Item Key]) to the Power App.
  • The user selects their order from a table visual to the left of the form.
  • I had the Power App determine if a record exists in the dataverse table for that order/item key, and either go to edit or new mode.

This was tested and working, however last week it stopped working for records that do have an entry in the dataverse table.

The Power BI table visual does include columns from both the orders table and the dataverse table, with show blanks allowing users to see which records have comments, and which don't. Now when a user selected a record with no dataverse entry, the Selected value metric always returns blank, so I can't pass the record to the form. 

I've tried remove filters on the dataverse table, but nothing seems to be working. Has anyone run into this.

1 REPLY 1
v-jayw-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Sean_OL ,

Please try using MAX(), MIN() or SUM() instead and check if they all return blank.

Best Regards,

Jay

Community Support Team _ Jay
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution
to help the other members find it.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors