Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Bath299

Issue with Power of DAX formula.

I am working on a CAGR calculation for our Sales Reporting, I can get the calculation to work which is

Power of EV/SV = CALCULATE(power([EV/SV],0.25))-1

But when i add it to my Matrix table

The table is giving me a wrong data type error. 
It is a matrix table, with Global Parent, Rank, and Sales for last 4 years.

Tim

6 REPLIES 6
Nathaniel_C
Super User
Super User

@Bath299 ,

Click on Edit Queries. In Power Query, check the type of each of your columns. Sometimes they are not what you are expecting. You can click directly on the symbol at the top left of each column and it will give you a drop down menu.

If this solves your issues, please mark it as the solution, so that others can find it easily. Kudos are nice too.
Nathaniel

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Capture.JPG

I have checked everything on the Advanced Query and everything is labeled with a decimal Number, except Global Parent name which is text. Here is a copy of the measurement i am trying to accomplish.

@Bath299 ,

Try a DIVIDE ().  I could get it to work then.

If this solves your issues, please mark it as the solution, so that others can find it easily. Kudos are nice too.
Nathaniel

@Bath299 ,

Can you go back to the data and make it not a percentage?  Which one is the percentage, the EV/SV? I could get a measure to work in a card, and not a matrix, and then when I did a DIVIDE() it worked.

Nathaniel

@Nathaniel_C 

Tried that as well, quick question, since some of my data, in the big picture can have zero's should i put in a filter or exclusion to exclude and data with zero's if so, what type of statement would you use.

Thanks for all the help.

It may help to note, that the matrix table has a text, 4 decimals, and the measurement should be a %

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors