Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

bknecht2
Frequent Visitor

Issue with DAX Formula - Can't Figure it Out

Hey Everyone,

I'm having an issue getting the right answer from a DAX formula and hoping someone can help me out - been trying for days now (I have an example data file attached with the answer I'm hoping to get).

Esentially, I have a slicer that is the active date relationship between my date and data tables. I'm trying to create a simple SUM measure that sums up the data for the same time period last year using a different date on my data table (an inactive date relationship). Up to this point I'm fine. Where I am running into issues is, I ALSO want to limit the results to rows where the active date relationship is within the slicer date ranges (minus the 1 year). 

Below is the measure I'm writing and coming up with BLANK. Attached is an example data file that may explain my issue in a better way and has the result I'm hoping to get.

Any help here would be GREATLY appreciated.

Link to Example File: https://www.dropbox.com/s/plhogyjmkotbg7m/DAX%20Issue%20Example%20Data.pbix?dl=0

TQO's Prior Year = 
CALCULATE([TQO's],
SAMEPERIODLASTYEAR('Date Table'[Date]), 
USERELATIONSHIP(Data[TQO Date],'Date Table'[Date]), 
FILTER(Data,(Data[AQL Date])>=(MIN('Date Table'[Date])-365))) 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

TQO's Prior Year = 
var d=min('Date Table'[Date])
var e=EDATE(d,-12)
var c=CALCULATE([TQO's]
,SAMEPERIODLASTYEAR('Date Table'[Date])
,USERELATIONSHIP(Data[TQO Date],'Date Table'[Date])
,Data[AQL Date]>=e)
return c

Note:  This give you the desired result but it ignores the MAX value of the date slider.

Note 2:  Your 365 made me chuckle. Replaced it with the much safer EDATE(-12)

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

You say you want it within the slicer range but then you use a different value for the MIN computation?

Hi There,

I do want it within the slicer range (the 'Date Table'[Date]), but minus 1 year, hence the -365 days of the minimum date selected on the slicer. So esentially, if the slicer date range on the example file is 1/1/2020 to 4/5/2020, I want this measure (TQO's Prior Year) to calculate the TQO's where the TQO date is between 1/1/2019 to 4/5/2019 and ALSO WHERE the AQL date is between 1/1/2019 and 4/5/2019. I can write the measure to work up until that last part, where the AQL date is also between 1/1/2019 and 4/5/2019.

The measure that gets me there without that last part is:

TQO Prior Year = 
CALCULATE([TQO's],
SAMEPERIODLASTYEAR('Date Table'[Date]),
USERELATIONSHIP('Campaign Member'[FCRM__FCR_SQR_Date__c],'Date Table'[Date]))

Does that make sense?

TQO's Prior Year = 
var d=min('Date Table'[Date])
var e=EDATE(d,-12)
var c=CALCULATE([TQO's]
,SAMEPERIODLASTYEAR('Date Table'[Date])
,USERELATIONSHIP(Data[TQO Date],'Date Table'[Date])
,Data[AQL Date]>=e)
return c

Note:  This give you the desired result but it ignores the MAX value of the date slider.

Note 2:  Your 365 made me chuckle. Replaced it with the much safer EDATE(-12)

@lbendlin  - This works perfectly, thank you! I spent hours on this before - very much appreciated. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors