Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

nicole_91
Frequent Visitor

Issue finding amount of days it will take for the quantity to reach at least 95% of total

This is in the context of a KPI, so 95% means that I need to at least get 95% of my boxes to my customer in 8 days. If I don't, I want to see how many more days it would take to reach that KPI.

There are two parts to this issue:

1) I am trying to create a measure that indicates how many days from the Days column (calculated column) it will take to reach 95% of Quantity of Boxes delivered. I am having issues with even making a measure with a running total or running percentage because I don't use actual dates. 

2) I need to take that amount of days and see how many days over it is from my deadline of 8 days. (I am pretty sure how to do this, but thought that I would ask anyway.)

The sample is in this sample table, but obviously this is based in PBI, and the Days column is a calculated column that calculates time it took for a certain quantity of boxes to come in. The days it takes and the quantity of boxes on any given day always changes. The deadline does not.

DaysQuantity of Boxes

3 REPLIES 3
nicole_91
Frequent Visitor

@Greg_Deckler Would this be an instance for a loop? I just read a previous article you published regarding this topic and thought it might be applicable! Still looking for an answer!

I had to alter the formula, but with the RANKX, it will not break the ties...

TP =
    VAR TargetQuantityBoxes = SUM(BoxDelivery[Quantity of Boxes])*0.95
    RETURN
    CALCULATE([Sum of Quantity of Boxes],
        FILTER( VALUES(BoxDelivery[Days]),
            RANKX( VALUES(BoxDelivery[Days]), [Sum of Quantity of Boxes] && [New Index], , DESC, Dense) <=  TargetQuantityBoxes))

[Sum of Quantity of Boxes] is a measure that is literally the same thing as the Quantity of Boxes column because the Quantity of Boxes column is also a calculated column that I sum. (I have to sum it.)

I even created an Index Column with a New Index measure where I summed the Index Column and added 1 for the [New Index] measure, but there still wasn't any differientation. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors