Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

AFoulk
Helper II
Helper II

In-Transit Material

I am having a pain of a time getting a result that works for In-Transit products when I am viewing my Inventory Snap Shots for Month-Endings. Below are what I believe would be sufficient examples of Tables being used for this calculations.

I am using a Slicer to select the Month-Ending Dates and I want to know the Shipments in the ShipTable that all shipped = or < (on or before) the selected Month-Ending but the Receipt Dates in the ReceiptTable are > (after) the selected Month-Ending.

I keep trying different things with calculated columns to try and bring over the Receipt Date into the ShipTable and measures using AddColumns, SummarizeColumns, SelectColumns, and maybe some others, but all fail for many different reasons. Can someone please point me in the right direction?

factSHIP factRECEIPT dimDATE dimIITEM dimORDERNUM
Item Item Date Item OrderNum
OrderNum OrderNum      
ShipDate ReceiptDate      
Qty        
3 REPLIES 3
Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

Sample data and expected output would help tremendously. Please see this post regarding How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly: https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/How-to-Get-Your-Question-Answered-Quickly/ba-p/38490

It may may sense to merge your two fact tables if possible.

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Hello @Greg_Deckler 

I mocked up a sample of the same scenario I am trying to do. I need to know the Quantity of what Shipped before my slicer's Month-Ending date, but was receipts After that date.

InTransit Sample

I made an adjustment to the file, but since the link is to the shared file on my GoogleDrive, you should be able to click that same link before.

I removed the Receipt record of Order 99 so this helps with calculating In-Transit to also include Shipped products that have no receipts recorded yet as well and not just what does have a receipt date that is after the Month-Ending date selected in the slicer.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors