Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Imporssible to sort my values in order

Hi Everyone, 

I have  little problem : i cant sort my values in order. Don't understand why i didnt get the option ? 

I would like to order small value country at first and bigger on the top..

powerbihelp.png

Anyone know ?

Thanks in advance for help ! 

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

Yeah, I am not aware of that option in the stacked column chart. What it is doing is sorting the stacks alphabetically according to the legend. If you have multiple values, it sorts the stacks by the order of the values in the Values area. I can't see how your stacked column chart is configured but I am guessing that you are using Legend.

So, you can get around this by creating a Sort By column for what it looks like is a Country column that you are using in your Legend. This can be numeric and be whatever order you choose it to be so you can kind of work around this. But, not dynamic in that if for some reason in one of your stacks some country overtakes another as biggest, that won't be reflected dynamically.

There are other visuals that do a better job of this like the Ribbon chart visual so that you can see how things ebb and flow over time.

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
Mastering Power BI 2nd Edition

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

View solution in original post

Anonymous
Not applicable

It was a better idea, it's really better with a ribbon ! 

Thanks for the advice and have taking time for me, 

Wish you the best ! 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

Yeah, I am not aware of that option in the stacked column chart. What it is doing is sorting the stacks alphabetically according to the legend. If you have multiple values, it sorts the stacks by the order of the values in the Values area. I can't see how your stacked column chart is configured but I am guessing that you are using Legend.

So, you can get around this by creating a Sort By column for what it looks like is a Country column that you are using in your Legend. This can be numeric and be whatever order you choose it to be so you can kind of work around this. But, not dynamic in that if for some reason in one of your stacks some country overtakes another as biggest, that won't be reflected dynamically.

There are other visuals that do a better job of this like the Ribbon chart visual so that you can see how things ebb and flow over time.

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
Mastering Power BI 2nd Edition

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...
Anonymous
Not applicable

It was a better idea, it's really better with a ribbon ! 

Thanks for the advice and have taking time for me, 

Wish you the best ! 

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors