cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
JEFF32788 Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Im very new to Power BI and i'm sure this is fairly simple but i can't figure it out.

How would i create a measure to subtract from the first row of start date / start time from the last row of end date / end time.

I removed the duplicates and created a index column to come up with a whole number but im in need of a decimal number of total days from start to finish. Thanks in advance!

Start - End dates.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Nathaniel_C Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Re: Im very new to Power BI and i'm sure this is fairly simple but i can't figure it out.

Hi @JEFF32788 ,

Is this what you are looking for? I merged the 2 columns for start and end to get a datetime, then added a column with Date diffTime.PNG

Time Diff = Divide(DATEDIFF(Min('start'[Start]),MAX('start'[End]),HOUR),24)

Let me know if you have any questions.

If this solves your issues, please mark it as the solution, so that others can find it easily. Kudos are nice too.
Nathaniel

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Nathaniel_C Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Re: Im very new to Power BI and i'm sure this is fairly simple but i can't figure it out.

Hi @JEFF32788 ,

Is this what you are looking for? I merged the 2 columns for start and end to get a datetime, then added a column with Date diffTime.PNG

Time Diff = Divide(DATEDIFF(Min('start'[Start]),MAX('start'[End]),HOUR),24)

Let me know if you have any questions.

If this solves your issues, please mark it as the solution, so that others can find it easily. Kudos are nice too.
Nathaniel

View solution in original post

JEFF32788 Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Thanks!

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Kudos Received Badges Coming

New Kudos Received Badges Coming

Kudos to you if you earned one of these! Check your inbox for a notification.

Microsoft Implementation for Communities Wins Award

Microsoft Implementation for Communities Wins Award

Learn about the award-winning innovation that was implemented across Microsoft’s Business Applications Communities.

Power Platform World Tour

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (1,071)