Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

rischav
Frequent Visitor

If function to return values in measure based on Slicer selection

Hi all,

I have been looking for a solution all day long on the forum, but could find one that worked for me.

I have two columns Fiscal Year and Buget ref as seen in the screenshot. Fiscal year is the financial year and budget Ref is the year the expense was made by an organization

Fiscal Year.pngSlicer.png

As seen in the screenshot I have the fiscal year 2019 chosen in the slicer and hence you see 2019 only in the fiscal year column and corresponding budget ref for those expenses.

What I need is: when I select a fiscal year in the slicer, all budget ref row values that match with the fiscal year, shall show CY and ones that do not shall be PY in the 3rd column. the blank fiscal year rows should be avoided.  Please see example of the expectation below

Fiscal YearBudget RefBudget year classification
20192017PY
20192016PY
20192019CY
20192019CY

It would great if someone could help

Thanks a lot

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@rischav, Try a new measure like

Budget year classification = if(max(Table[Fiscal Year]) = max(Table[Budget Ref]) ,"PY","CY")

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
rischav
Frequent Visitor

It magically worked! 🙂 

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@rischav, Try a new measure like

Budget year classification = if(max(Table[Fiscal Year]) = max(Table[Budget Ref]) ,"PY","CY")

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors