Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

cb123456

IN operator with variable from concatenatex

Hi all,

I want to use the IN operator in a measure to calculate a sum. If I enter the needed criterias directly it works and provides the correct results, e.g.

IN {"ABC";"DEF";"GHI";"JKL";"MNO"}

ABC-MNO are part of another table and stored in multiple lines each linked to a contract number. Therefore I created a measure using CONCATENATEX to get the needed values. 

[CONC]=Calculate(CONCATENATEX(Table1;""""&Table1[KEY1]&"""";";");Table1[Field]="M007")

The result of this measure is e.g. "ABC";"DEF";"GHI";"JKL";"MNO" but could also be "ABC";"GHI";"MNO"

Using the result of the CONCATENATEX as a variable and put it into the Measure gives back no error message but also no values.

sales =

var AC =[conc]

RETURN

CALCULATE(SUM(Table2[sales]);FILTER(Table2;Table2[AC_key] IN {AC}))

If I hardcode the variable with "ABC" it works but using hard coded "ABC";"DEF" etc. it does also not work.

Any ideas? Where is my mistake? Or is there maybe a better solution?

Best regards and thank you!
2 REPLIES 2
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@cb123456 , Now sure Why are you doing like that

you can try

CALCULATE(SUM(Table2[sales]);FILTER(Table2;Table2[AC_key] IN value(Table1[Key]) ))

or

CALCULATE(SUM(Table2[sales]);FILTER(Table2;Table2[AC_key] IN summarize(filter(Table1[Field]="M007"),Table1[Key])))

or refer

https://www.sqlbi.com/articles/propagate-filters-using-treatas-in-dax/

@amitchandak Thanks for your response and your support! Attached an example of my data structure. Table 1 contains information for different contracts. For each contract I need to calculate the sales that are stored in table 2 based on the entries made under the different FIELDCOMB. So for Num 1 I need the sales from table 2 where O004=AA and C001 = 123456 and O002 =ABC etc. And for Num 2 I need the sales where O002=ABC and C001=234567 and also C001 = 123456 and M007 is not AER, AEU, AEV, AEW, AEZ (Each entry can either be "inclusive" I or "exclusive" E). So I have multiple lines per contract that I need to evaluate based on columns in theTable 2.example.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors