cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ngour615
Frequent Visitor

How to write measure for counting rows based result produced by another measure

Hi all,

I stuck at a situation which seems quite challenging for me. Kindly enlighten your views.

I have 04 tables in my data model.

Table 1: Network Code Master: This is dimension table with Network Code details for eg: each code is in which state etc.

Table 2: Calendar: This is default calendar table

Table 3: Contains Target: Coloumns are: Network Code, Target Month, Type of Service (Free/Paid), Target No. of service (1 network code will appear 1 time per month)

Table 4: Contains Result: Coloumns are: Network Code, Result Month, Actual No. of Service (Total) (1 network code will appear 1 time per month)

I created measure for Total Target = by using calculate & filter function: Networkwise/ Monthwise total service volume (sum of paid & free service) from Table 3

I created another measure for Total result = by simpling using calculate sum of actual no. of service from Table 4

Another measure for Target Achieve No. = by dividing above 02 measure (result divide by target)

Now here is requirement. Now I want to count no. of dealers (network codes) achieved

100% & above result,

80%~99%,

Below 80%

I will plot a tendency chart by month for the same.

NOTE: I can do it by adding calculated colomn however it is giving performance issue so solution should be related to DAX measure

Pls. advise

2 REPLIES 2
amitchandak
Super User IV
Super User IV

@ngour615 , Seem like you need to bucket a measure. This can be done with help from an independent table and new measure with a common group

Refer to my video on that

https://youtu.be/CuczXPj0N-k

or

https://www.daxpatterns.com/dynamic-segmentation/
https://radacad.com/grouping-and-binning-step-towards-better-data-visualization

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Appreciate your Kudos!!
Dashboard of My Blogs !! YouTube Channel !! Connect on Linkedin

Proud to be a Super User!

Thanks @amitchandak , I read article written by you in link. Requirement is matching to my requirement. However it needs study at my end and then I can try to complete the same.

Let me study and I will try the same. After trying I will share findings. Also I will watch video soon (currently restrictions in company to open you tube). Will watch and then give it a try

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI User Groups

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group!

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

secondImage

Are You Ready?

Test your skills now with the Cloud Skills Challenge.

Top Solution Authors