Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

How to use IF Function to reference two tables for a result that is filtered by both tables

Hi there,

I am trying to work out how many Workspaces from a data dump have successfully installed an agent, by using another table with the list of workspaces as reference.

Table 1 = Data dump of all machines with the agent installed

Table 2 = Directory of all Workspaces

I want to be able to create a calculated column that says either Workspace or Not Workspace in Table 1, so that I can easily filter which of the rows of installed machines in Table 1 are Workspaces.

I look forward to a response 🙂

Cheers

1 REPLY 1
ibarrau
Super User
Super User

Hi. You might need to give us a little more. We don't know how the data looks like to suggest something. From my stand point you just need to find a way to relate those two tables and that's all. If you have a table visualization of table 1 and just add a slicer with the names of workspaces from table 2 while they are related, you will solve it. The slicer will filter the table for an specific workspace and if there is a row in table 1 without workspace it will show a (blank) item in slicer.

I hope that helps.

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Happy to help!

LaDataWeb Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors