Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

BalaKiranM
Helper II
Helper II

How to show the value "Text", if there no transaction/record present in the data

Experts, I have one issue to show the some customized text(D/O) if there no transaction/Entry for the specific record. I have attached ths snapshot for your reference and also DAX which I written. In the below snapshot, I need to show the "D/O" and I written the same in DAX but shows for others but still blank is displaying as per snapshot.

Adj TimeCount col = If(ISBLANK('Schedule'[DISPATCH_GROUPTIME]), "D/O",'Schedule'[Adj TimeCount1])

MicrosoftTeams-image.png

9 REPLIES 9
SpartaBI
Community Champion
Community Champion

@BalaKiranM  maybe it's empty text and not a blank there.
try: 
If('Schedule'[DISPATCH_GROUPTIME]) = BLANK(), "D/O",'Schedule'[Adj TimeCount1])

2022-05-19 17_30_22-Re_ Need help on DAX function with measure vs colu... - Microsoft Power BI Commu.png

Showcase Report – Contoso By SpartaBI

Full-Logo11.png

SpartaBI_3-1652115470761.png   SpartaBI_1-1652115142093.png   SpartaBI_2-1652115154505.png

Thanks for your quick response, but it still showing the blank.MicrosoftTeams-image (1).png

btw you are checking one thing for blank and returning another thing. 
So I guess 'Schedule'[DISPATCH_GROUPTIME]) is not blank at that point but maybe 'Schedule'[Adj TimeCount1] is and you just get it's result which is blank

In that case, Should I modify this as well?

Adj TimeCount1 = if(distinctcount('Schedule'[Adj Time])=1 ,FORMATsum('Schedule'[Adj Time]),"HH:MM AM/PM"))

I think you just need 1st ro check why is it blank there.

Can you share the file?

There is no transaction/entry for that, that is the reason it shows blank. So, How I can show that as "D/O".

@BalaKiranM try:
If('Schedule'[DISPATCH_GROUPTIME]) = BLANK() || 'Schedule'[Adj TimeCount1] = BLANK(), "D/O",'Schedule'[Adj TimeCount1])

2022-05-19 17_30_22-Re_ Need help on DAX function with measure vs colu... - Microsoft Power BI Commu.png

Showcase Report – Contoso By SpartaBI

Full-Logo11.png

SpartaBI_3-1652115470761.png   SpartaBI_1-1652115142093.png   SpartaBI_2-1652115154505.png

still not working, any other DAX code?

Best if you can share a sample file that shows your issue

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors