Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

How to highlight duplicate values in a table that is filtered by slicers?

Hi All, new to Power BI and have a problem that seems rather easy to solve, but I just am not able to work around it, will appreciate any form of help!

I would like to highlight the cells of a table created from a slicer that has appeared more than once from my slicer selection. My idea is to create a measure that counts the appearance of each item in the table. This measure then will be inserted to control the background of the cell colour (ie when the value of the measure is >1)

felibhai_0-1631895915422.png

felibhai_1-1631896426903.png

The list  is created from the slicer above and they read from the same table. I am confused as to how i can write the measure as the table i would like to highlight from is a filtered selection.

Thanks for any help at all! been trying at it for a few days now..

Regards

Felibhai

1 REPLY 1
VahidDM
Super User
Super User

Hi @Anonymous 

Add a measure with this code:

Count By Service Code = DISTINCTCOUNT(Table[Terminal Code])

Then, use this measure to add conditional formatting for Terminal Code in that table chart. IF [Count By Service Code] measure is more than 1, then highlight that cell.

How to add conditional formatting: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/create-reports/desktop-conditional-table-formatting

👉If you need more details, please share a sample of your data here in a table format to copy that.

If this post helps, please consider accepting it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Appreciate your Kudos✌️!!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors