Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

roxieli123
Frequent Visitor

How to get the correct Table Total

I've spent 3 hours on this simple calculation but I just couldn't get it straight.

So I have two tables,

one is 'DeVore referrals", Which has columns [Group name] and [account Number], so this table tells us the relationship between [account number] and [Group name], let us know which accounts belong to which group.

Another is "AUM_Detail", which has [Account number], [Gross Market value] and [TimeDateID]

two tables are linked by [Account Number], with a ; one(DeVore referral)-to-many(AUM_Detail) relationship ;

I want to calculate each group's total GrossMarketValue for 20190831, in the below table, second column is straight up dragged the [Gross Market Value} field into the table, as we can see the bottom row total is not correct. 3rd and 4th column are measures I wrote to try to get the correct total, however they are also wrong. 

The reason I get 40 million is because, the total is adding up [gross market value] for every single [account number], when in this case, not all account number belongs to a group. hence we only want to sum up the ones that belong to a group, I was hoping to do it by using summarize, see the last screenshot down below, however it doesnt work.&nbspI've attached what I did for 3rd and 4th column below, it will be greatly appreciated if anyone can help.

2.png22.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@roxieli123 ,

Below are my two tables designed from your description, very nice. Then the relationship. And my pbix Groups

Note that I included one account number not assigned to a group.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

If this solves your issues, please mark it as the solution, so that others can find it easily. Kudos are nice too.
Nathaniel

Group names1.PNGf

Group names2.PNGl

Group names3.PNG

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Nathaniel_C
Super User
Super User

Hi @roxieli123 ,

Please see the picture below, and the measure.

Let me know if you have any questions.

If this solves your issues, please mark it as the solution, so that others can find it easily. Kudos are nice too.
Nathaniel

Group total = CALCULATE(SUM('AUM DETAIL'[Gross]) ,FILTER('AUM DETAIL','AUM DETAIL'[Account num]))

Group names.PNG

@roxieli123 ,

Below are my two tables designed from your description, very nice. Then the relationship. And my pbix Groups

Note that I included one account number not assigned to a group.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Nathaniel

Group names1.PNGf

Group names2.PNGl

Group names3.PNG

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors