Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

smjzahid
Helper V
Helper V

How to get the Column Level Total for Actuals

I have a matrix visual and I want to show Column Level Total for the column named ACTUALS (see snip below).

I tried to use the property of the matrix visual to show the column level total. However, with this approach all columns toals gets displayed namely (Planned, Actual, performance).

I just want to show the Total for Actual How can I achieve this using DAX or any other technique.

Note: I dont want to show Planned and Performance Total

image.png

and this is how my columns have been placed on the matrix visual

smjzahid_0-1626360681219.png

4 REPLIES 4
alexa_0028
Resolver II
Resolver II

Hi @smjzahid , try creating your measure like below :
TotalPlanned= IF(HASONEVALUE(<measure formula>), BLANK())

Performance= IF(HASONEVALUE(<measure formula>), BLANK())

Hi @alexa_0028 ,

Tried your approach, it is not totalling for the entire row, only seem to be totalling for the last column,

TotalActual = IF(HASONEVALUE(crf7a_WeeklyReportPVA[Actuals]), SUM(crf7a_WeeklyReportPVA[Actuals]), BLANK())

and missing total for few rows (see highlighted arrow shown)

image.png

If the columns have blanks, you'll still see a column; it'll just be empty.

Also, a measure always returns a single value, so I don't think your suggestion will work as you expect. You'd probably want to write something like IF ( ISINSCOPE ( Table1[Date] ), [Planned] ) instead.

AlexisOlson
Super User
Super User

I don't think there is a straightforward way to control which measures show totals but one workaround would be to turn off word-wrap on values and column headers and resize the columns you don't want to see to be effectively invisible.  You'll probably want to turn off "Auto-size column width" too to keep this adjustment from reverting.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors