Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

How to get selectedvalue output from Report Page into DAX Data Table

Hello PowerBI Community, 

I have hit a major roadblock while developing dynamic column reference for matrix visual. Below is the summary:

INPUT Table (this is already loaded in DAX Data):

Vaibhav_W_1-1655885271516.png

EXPECTED Output Table : (This is matrix visual on report page)

Vaibhav_W_2-1655885348463.png

Current method which I'm trying:

Made separate table which has column headers & put that as slicer with single selection, then used "selectedvalue" to take the bucket that should go in Column of matrix visual. But, Power BI is not allowing to insert measure in matrix column (only allows in values)

The alternate solution which I tried: We want to put selected value of slicer in DAX Data Table so that we can create calculated column referring to bucket which user wants like below. But, "selectedvalue" dax is returning only blank values in Data Table. Expected output is like below so that I can drag this colum in "Column Field" of matrix visual.

Vaibhav_W_3-1655886575612.png

So, in a nutshell, two issues :

i. Not able to add measure in column field of mattrix visual

ii. Not able to pull "selectedvalue" from report page in data table

Will really appreciate help from the community as this is the key page on the report & I'm stuck with this issue...

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Dear Amit, Thank you for the swift reply. But, the table is in DAX Model & Not in Power Query editor. This table is a result of DAX calculations. Any suggestions will be highly appreciated.

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous , I think you should unpivot the first table and bring the day bucket in a row. If needed, use split by delimters

Then you should be able to get that using slicer or you can check for field parameters

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors