Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

How to get count based on the the filter selected.

Hi Guys,

Can you please help me how i will get the count based on the filter selected. I have month data like 1,2,3,4,5
if i select all it should give me result as "5" else based on the numbers of month selected it should give. 

If in filter, i have selected 1,4,5 then i am expecting result as 3. Please help me how i can achieve this based on the filter selection it should get me the result.  

Thanks.

6 REPLIES 6
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous , simple count should work in that case

COUNT('Table'[Month])

Anonymous
Not applicable

@amitchandak No it's giving the count of rows for each month. Let me explain once again as i told based on the month selected it should give the result. Only 5 output i am expecting the result based on the month selected like if only 1 month selected than 1,

if 2 selecected than 2

if 3 selecected than 3

if 4 selecected than 4

if 5 selecected than 5

please do let me know how it can be acheived. 

Hi @Anonymous 

can you try this:

Number of selected months = CALCULATE(distinctcount('Table'[Month]))

Cheers,
Sturla

If this post helps, then please consider Accepting it as the solution. Kudos are nice too.

Anonymous
Not applicable

No it's giving the count of rows for each month. Let me explain once again as i told based on the month selected it should give the result. Only 5 output i am expecting the result based on the month selected like if only 1 month selected than 1,

if 2 selecected than 2

if 3 selecected than 3

if 4 selecected than 4

if 5 selecected than 5

danielkrol
Helper II
Helper II

Create a measure like this?

NoSelected = CALCULATE(COUNT('Yourtable'[columnName]))

where "Yourtable" is the table of your slicer and "columName" the column of the slicer.
Anonymous
Not applicable

No it's giving the count of rows for each month. Let me explain once again as i told based on the month selected it should give the result. Only 5 output i am expecting the result based on the month selected like if only 1 month selected than 1,

if 2 selecected than 2

if 3 selecected than 3

if 4 selecected than 4

if 5 selecected than 5

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors