Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Victor90
Regular Visitor

How to get a matrix row number

Hello team, I have a report where I would like to count the number of rows to filter the matrix based on the amount of rows numbers, for example, from 0 -  150 k rows, from 151k - 300k rows, 301-450 rows.
I would like to create a slicer to filter the matrix depending on the selected amount. 
My matrix has subcategories in rows for example
-Year 
    month 

Year is my main row and I need to count the number of rows, is there a way to count the numbers of rows using Dax and then filter the matrix to display the information based on the amount of rows selected on the slicer?

the idea is to export by chunks os 150k rows that data to excel. 

2 REPLIES 2
v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Victor90 

Can you provide a specific sample? Then provide a result that you want .

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

sure for example, here I have different rows that I can add based on a slicer selection, if I keep selecting more rows the will add dinamically 

Victor90_0-1671220336616.png

and what I want to accomplish is, to have an "index" row so I can be able to create a mesure or something that allows me to display the data by chunks, for example,  create a measure that base on a slicer selection let me decide if I want to display the row from 0 - 150k rows, then from 151k - 300k rows for example, the idea to do that is to be able to export from power bi service to excel in different excel sheets and the join them. 

the rows and columns are as parameters from one main table, to be able to make the matrix dynamically.

And If I create an index column of the main table it will no be able to display the info in order.

Victor90_1-1671221452674.png

as you can see the index is not in order and I need to have from 1 to the last number. 
So I am thinking if it is posible to create a column that let me iterates from 1 to n number rows and that can be modified depending on the amount of rows.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors