Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

How to get MAX/MIN ticket count by a Column in Matrix visualization?

Hi all,

I need to write a DAX for a measure that shows me 52 weeks high(max) and 52 weeks low(min) for ticket count by application.
I have attached screenshot for columns in the table and desired output.

Re-phrasing 
I am trying to get this in matrix visualization, where 52 week high and 52 week low would be the values. 
So, its for each application with maximum value of ticket counts in a week and minimum value of ticket count in a week. 

TABLE
Serv_Req_Number |  Create Date | Formatted Date | Application | WeekNum | Count | Year | Month

Serv_Req_Number => Ticket Number

Columns in the tableColumns in the table

desired outputdesired output

4 REPLIES 4
JustJan
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Hi @Anonymous ,

Assuming you have a date table somewhere in the model linked to the ticket table you could use the following combination of measures to generate a min/max week value over the last 52 weeks:

Sum Tickets = COUNT(Tickets[ticketnr])

Max Tickets Week =
MAXX (
SUMMARIZE (
FILTER ( Dates,
Dates[Date] >= TODAY()-365 && Dates[Date] <= TODAY()),
Dates[Year], 'Dates'[Week] ),
if ( ISBLANK([Sum Tickets]), 0 ,[Sum Tickets]) )

Min Tickets Week =
MINX (
SUMMARIZE (
FILTER ( Dates,
Dates[Date] >= TODAY()-365 && Dates[Date] <= TODAY()),
Dates[Year], 'Dates'[Week] ),
if ( ISBLANK([Sum Tickets]), 0 ,[Sum Tickets]) )

hope this helps

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous Which column are you refering to get the week high and week low number. If I understood it clearly you want to get the max and min number per application per year

Please try a measure something like below

MaxValue = CALCULATE(MAX('Table'[Column]),ALLEXCEPT('Table',Table'[Application],Table'[Created Date].[Year]))

MinValue = CALCULATE(MIN('Table'[Column]),ALLEXCEPT('Table',Table'[Application],Table'[Created Date].[Year]))

If it helps accept solution.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I am trying to get Ticket count by application to get 52 week high and 52 week low. 

SERV_REQ_NUMBER is Ticket Number. 

Thanks,

Mohit

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am trying to get this in matrix visualization, where 52 week high and 52 week low would be the values. 
So, its for each application with maximum value of ticket counts in a week and minimum value of ticket count in a week. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors