Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

How to get Aging in Hours

Hi,

i have here my current formula/logic for aging >> 

IF(Query1[Status]="Completed",BLANK(),NETWORKDAYS(Query1[Due],Query1[Now])*24)+0
but i want to get if the status is "Completed" the 'Aging' should be blank and if the status is "On Hold and In Progress" the aging hours should be reflected.

StatusDate and Time ReceivedDate and Time AccomplishedAging Hours
Completed1/23/2023 18:341/23/2023 19:15 
In Progress1/18/2023 14:58  
On hold1/20/2023 16:00  
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@Anonymous 
Still not sure if this is what you're looking for or not

1.png

Aging Hours = 
VAR SLA = Query1[SLA (in hours)]
VAR DateReceived = Query1[Date and Time Received]
VAR CurrentIDTable = CALCULATETABLE ( Query1, ALLEXCEPT ( Query1, Query1[ID] ) )
VAR AccomplishDateTime = MAXX ( CurrentIDTable, Query1[Date and Time Accomplished] ) 
VAR Hours = DATEDIFF ( DateReceived, AccomplishDateTime, HOUR )
VAR AgingHours = 24 * ( NETWORKDAYS ( DateReceived, AccomplishDateTime ) )
RETURN
    IF (
        Query1[Status] <> "Completed" && Hours > SLA,
        IF ( 
            Hours < 24,
            Hours,
            AgingHours
        )
    )

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16
tamerj1
Super User
Super User

Hi @Anonymous 
Not sure what are Query1[Due] and Query1[Now] that exist in your dax code. However, please refer to attached sample file with proposed solution.

1.png

Aging Hours = 
VAR CurrentIDTable = CALCULATETABLE ( Query1, ALLEXCEPT ( Query1, Query1[ID] ) )
VAR AccomplishDateTime = MAXX ( CurrentIDTable, Query1[Date and Time Accomplished] ) 
RETURN
    IF (
        Query1[Status] <> "Completed",
        NETWORKDAYS ( Query1[Date and Time Received], AccomplishDateTime ) * 24 + 0
    )
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @tamerj1 Thank you for this.! this works, however, i want to depend it aswell in SLA.

Please see sample below:

1. if this is still On Hold and In Progress and already beyong due from it's SLA the hours of aging should reflect. if already completed, hours of aging should be blank.

Nelzkie09_0-1675410593893.png

@Anonymous 
Please provide complete and clear picture with one or two examples.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @tamerj1  First, Thank you for your immediate response.

to better understand, for e.g. once you received the data or request it should get done within 4 hours (SLA) from the date you received and if after 4 hours from it's SLA if the request is not  yet completed the Aging will start to count

1. i want to get the hours of aging that will start from it's supposed 'Due Date'  but not yet completed because it still "On Hold" and "In Progress"

here's the sample below

Nelzkie09_0-1675411751386.png

@Anonymous 
Still not sure if this is what you're looking for or not

1.png

Aging Hours = 
VAR SLA = Query1[SLA (in hours)]
VAR DateReceived = Query1[Date and Time Received]
VAR Hours = DATEDIFF ( DateReceived, AccomplishDateTime, HOUR )
VAR AgingHours = 24 * ( NETWORKDAYS ( DateReceived, AccomplishDateTime ) )
RETURN
    IF (
        Query1[Status] <> "Completed" && Hours > SLA,
        IF ( 
            Hours < 24,
            Hours,
            AgingHours
        )
    )
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @tamerj1 Both working but i wanted to get the specific.

1. Date and Time Received, Date and Time Accomplished, Staus, and SLA.

2. if Date and Time Accomplished is Blank or no Data yet, the "Hours of Aging" should start if this is beyond SLA now.

3. and if Both Date and Time Received and Date and Time Accomplished (Status-Completed) is Filled or have data already, the Hours of Aging should be Blank now

@Anonymous 
You just need to present input data along with the expected result. Examples explain much better than words. Please do not attempt to over simplify the problem as that might be misleading. Only present the problem as is using sample data along with (an) explanatory example(s).

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @tamerj1  I hope i can explain this better now. i tred your formula and Logic but i still getting some error/s.

1. In the highlighted Red, this is not what I'm expecting because Date & Time Accomploshed is Blank/No data yet. so, Hours Aging should be reflected.

2. on the 2nd result, which is Highlighted in Yellow, this is CORRECT because Date & Time Received and Date & Time Accomplished is filled so, Hours of Aging should be Blank

3. on the 3rd result, Highlighted in Blue, CORRECT as well since Date & Time Accomplished is Blank so Hours of Aging Should be reflected.

Note: this is still depends on the SLA. if beyond SLA, Hours of Aging should start to count.

Really appreciate your time on this. thank you! 🙂

Nelzkie09_0-1675420886833.png

@Anonymous 
Great! How did you calculate 8 and 7?

Anonymous
Not applicable

I just copied the results you got. 🙂 

FreemanZ
Super User
Super User

hi @Anonymous 

are you expecting something like:

FreemanZ_0-1675349041350.png

Aging Hours = 
VAR _hours = 
([Date and Time Accomplished] - [Date and Time Received])*24
RETURN
IF(Query1[Status]="Completed", BLANK(), _hours)

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello, Big thanks for this. but the result shows "10787777.9666667" like this

hi @Anonymous 

it is because you don't have data there:

FreemanZ_0-1675407212643.png

FreemanZ_1-1675407223191.png

what do you expect to show in such cases?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @FreemanZ Freemanz Right! i have no data yet for "Date Accomplished" that's why i want to see how many hours of Aging for this since it's already beyond SLA and not yet completed/accomplished.

here's the sample below:

1. if this is still On Hold and In Progress and already beyong due from it's SLA the hours of aging should reflect. if already completed, hours of aging should be blank.

Nelzkie09_0-1675408115204.png

Lamia
Helper I
Helper I

Hello,

You may try this revised DAX

=IF(Query1[Status]="Completed",BLANK(),IF(Query1[Status]="In Progress" or Query1[Status]="On Hold",NETWORKDAYS(Query1[Date and Time Received], NOW())*24,NETWORKDAYS(Query1[Due],Query1[Now])*24))

You will checks the status first, if it's "Completed", then the Aging Hours will be blank.

If the status is "In Progress" or "On Hold", then the Aging Hours will be calculated as the difference between the Date and Time Received and the current date and time, multiplied by 24 (since you want it in hours).

If the status is neither "Completed", "In Progress", nor "On Hold", then the Aging Hours will be calculated as the difference between the Due date and the current date, multiplied by 24.

Hope this helps.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Lamia  I appreicate this. however, I'm getting blank result.. can you please take a look at again on the sample above and see if you can figure out how to fix this. would really appreciate your help on this. thank you!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors