Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Alexandra_B
Helper III
Helper III

How to filter the date

Hello.

Been trying this for the whole day and don`t know where I`m messing up.
Please see the snip

So I have a formula where I need to add filtered data.

I am able to select the years and filter it by years, but I want starting from June 2021, not Janurary 21 onwards.

I have tried to use DATESBETWEEN and it`s even worst (see the second Adj_b graph.)

The date in HDD starts on 01/07/2019.

Thank you.

DATE_ERROR.JPG

5 REPLIES 5
daXtreme
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi there

Not entirely sure what you want to achieve. If you want all your graphs to start in June 2021, then use the page filter to make this date the very first visible. If you want something else, please be more specific.

As you can see in the picture, there is a range of 2019 - 2022 data. If I choose to filter the date using the filter, I can filter it by Months, year. But that means I will have the same months, and I don`t need the same months every year, just half year 2021 and then full year next one. (or I don`t know how to set it otherwise). I want a graph to show data starting from June 2021 onwards, not June 2021, June 2022, etc 
On top, I put a DATEBETWEEN formula, but the graph still shows 2019, 2020 years.

I managed to filter it by year, 2021 and 2022 in the first graph.
I have tried to sort the data to calculate a specific period, so I added the formula with DATEBETWEEN, and periods required. Unfortunately, it still shoes all the date range from 2019, even if I selected June 2021 to today's date. I don't know how to get rid of 2019 - 2020, half of 2021 data 🙂 (see second graph).

Please use a filter on the page (not on the visual). This is one of the filters in the right-hand side pane. If you do this, then everything on the page will be relative to the date range you desire. Manipulating the context in the measure is pointless in this case.

Thankj you for your reply.
I did, but is not much difference. I am attaching a snip. 😞Filter_date.JPG

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors