Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

HassanMoosa
Helper I
Helper I

How to do cummilative sum of likert scale category by date.

Hi, 

I am trying to do sum of likert scale category (1, 2, 3, 4, 5) by date drill down.  Like when I drill down to month it should just show the cumulative sum of each category by that month total no of responses and so on.  But now it is just showing total sum of categories but when drill down to month and day its sum runies.  I made new table and grouped it by "Overall learning experience" and applied count rows operation but its not working when Drill down to month and day.  

Please guide me how to group likert scale data and find cumulative sum of each category (1, 2, 3, 4, 5) and total responses by each month and days by using DAX or what so ever. 

The pictures of the charts are attached below:

1. In picture 1 all good.
  2. In picture 2 its showing wrong cumulative sum by month I want cumulative sum by each month e.g: March 73, April 393, May 13 thus cumulative should be 479.
  3. Similarly in picture 3 it shows cumulative sum in thousands.  It should again be as per days.  And sync to all other visuals. 

Cumulative sum of all data.PNG

total become worse on every drill down - month.PNG

by day.PNG

Please see my data below. 

IDStart timeCompletion timeEmailNameHow was slides sharing qualityHow was sound qualityHow was the camera qualityOverall learning experienceAny suggestions or issue you are facing?CampusOverall motivation
13/22/20 14:37:013/22/20 14:38:52XYZ@XYZXYZ5555This is my first time to experience online classes which is very great if I see it as technology perspective. But the trainer's lecture was interesting which makes me engaged to the lecture.  I really liked the online classes concept.XYZ5
222/03/2020 14:4422/03/2020 14:44XYZ@XYZXYZ5555NoXYZ 23
322/03/2020 14:4822/03/2020 14:49XYZ@XYZXYZ4334Good workingXYZ 32
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

Please find the solution attached.

Best

D

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry but your explanation is not clear. Please refer to this:

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/How-to-Get-Your-Question-Answered-Quickly/ba-p/38490

Best
D

@Anonymous thanks for sharing the article.  I will follow yr gudelines.  Meanwhile I will try to communicate again.   I have a data of 479 students who have given their feedback in lickert scale of 1-5.   I want to count each of this catagory on each  date hierarchy.  For example, on May 1 what was the count  of students who rated for scale 1, 2 3, 4 and 5.  Similarly this will show for each day and I also want their sum.  When I try to do that I do not get the actual sum of these counts.

If you still dont get I will try again to rephrase. 

Regards.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Please find the solution attached.

Best

D

Anonymous
Not applicable

By the way, make sure you've got the latest version of Power BI Desktop. This is important because if you haven't, you can get an error when opening the file.

Best
D

@Anonymous thanks for sharing.  I tried to work with it but still was stuck at some point.  Is it possible if i send you teams meeting invation for further calrifications through which we could do screen sharing session...only if its fine to you. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

OK. That's more like it 🙂 I think I know how to do this. I'll post a file with a model shortly.

Best
D

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors