Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Daxinitup
Regular Visitor

How to create columns that SUM based off other columns? HELP!

I am stuck. I don't think it is too hard, but need a push to solve in Power BI/Query. In excel I would use an IF statement on the pivoted data, but this is a large dataset and needs to split/assign values like the below yellow boxes. SUM DAX column values.jpg

for “TERM”, it would sum the other pay.  Is this possible in Power BI?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Jihwan_Kim
Super User
Super User

Hi,

I am not sure how your data model looks like, but please check the below picture and the attached pbix file.

I tried to create a sample pbix file like below.

I hope the below can provide some ideas on how to create a solution for your data model.

Jihwan_Kim_0-1674282706466.png

Jihwan_Kim_1-1674283365624.png

If this post helps, then please consider accepting it as the solution to help other members find it faster, and give a big thumbs up.

Go to My LinkedIn Page

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Jihwan_Kim
Super User
Super User

Hi,

I am not sure how your data model looks like, but please check the below picture and the attached pbix file.

I tried to create a sample pbix file like below.

I hope the below can provide some ideas on how to create a solution for your data model.

Jihwan_Kim_0-1674282706466.png

Jihwan_Kim_1-1674283365624.png

If this post helps, then please consider accepting it as the solution to help other members find it faster, and give a big thumbs up.

Go to My LinkedIn Page

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors