Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Red217
Helper III
Helper III

How to create a column or measure that takes all the current filters on the page

Hello, 

i have a page with multiple filters ( both from visual and measurements), 

how can i create a new measure or column that keeps all the filters that are already applied.

an example:

Page 1, Measure X = 100

Page 2, Measure X = 200 (it got to 200 by using many filters, slicers and such )

how do i create a new measure that is "equals" to Measure X on page 2 ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@Red217 

🙂Still not 100% what you want to do, but as far as understanding, try this:

1- create a duplicate from the first page which you applied those filters 

2- remove all charts, tables, and visuals; just keep that Card with those applied filters

3- select that cards and change the visual to the required visual

*** the other solution is to update your measure and add those filters to that - share your data and measure here to be able to work on it 😎

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Appreciate your Kudos ✌️!!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
VahidDM
Super User
Super User

Hi @Red217 

Your question is not that clear. Can you add more details to make it clear.

In General, if you create a measure and use it on different pages, it would be affected by filters of that page unless you used some codes to ignore those filters like All code.

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Appreciate your Kudos✌️!!

Hi Vahid, 

you are correct , sorry, 

here is a picture to explain , i have a measurement that gets A LOT of filters and Slicer, 

how can i copy the value to another column and KEEP ALL THE FILTERS that are already applied ?

bi screenshot1.png

@Red217 

🙂Still not 100% what you want to do, but as far as understanding, try this:

1- create a duplicate from the first page which you applied those filters 

2- remove all charts, tables, and visuals; just keep that Card with those applied filters

3- select that cards and change the visual to the required visual

*** the other solution is to update your measure and add those filters to that - share your data and measure here to be able to work on it 😎

Appreciate your Kudos ✌️!!

Thank you Vahid, 

i already started build a LONG measure of "* the other solution is to update your measure and add those filters to that -"

i am using "selectedata" with all my slicers.

my questions was actually does DAX / POWERBI have a simple way to "export all filters" current filters and it seems that nope 😞

* Sorry i cant share the file , it will take me about 10 hours to "clean it" 

anyway thank you for the help.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors