Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

gsauers
Employee
Employee

How to calculate % of valid e-mails converted to case

I am trying to provide a visual on emails which came in which were converted to a support case to the total of emails. The valid email SQL query  for: (Valid e-mails converted to case) / (Total valid e-mails)

( (​Resolution_SubType != SPAM && Action Required Reason !="Manually fixed to not spam") /((​ Resolution_SubType != SPAM && Action Required Reason =="Manually fixed to not spam"))

How would I start with DAX? I have gone over the basics but, unsure how to write this out since there are filters. Do I filter on the visual?

3 REPLIES 3
JustJan
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Hi @gsauers ,

It would be something like : 

Result = DIVIDE( COUNTROWS(filter(Mails, Mails[Resolution]<>"SPAM" && Mails[Action Required Reason]<>"Manually fixed to not spam")), 
COUNTROWS(filter(Mails, Mails[Resolution]<>"SPAM" && Mails[Action Required Reason]="Manually fixed to not spam")))

Hope this helps

Jan 

Thank you @JustJan ! I was able to get a result out of this! However, how do I get it to not be 185755k%. I've tried decimal, &, * 100...it is not giving me a solid %.

JustJan
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Hi @gsauers ,

You could create two new measures from the numerator and denominator, to check if these numbers meet you expectations. I guess you have a feeling on what it approx. should be. Furthermore I don't know your data model, so I assumed that the fields are in one table. The numbers should not be higher than the total number of records in your table.

Jan 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors