Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

BEchagueSNTX
Frequent Visitor

How do I use a filtered table to filter it's not filtered self in a FILTER() function

This measure calculates the actual fiscal year sales up to the current month.
As you can see 'CALENDAR'[FiscalYearOrder] is the field that contains the fiscal year, so I make sure that it is equal to the MAX fiscal year, wich will be the current year.
Then I make sure that 'CALENDAR'[FiscalMonthOrder] wich is the fiscal month in order from 1 to 12,  is less or equal to the actual month's fiscal month order.

CALCULATE(
    SUM('FORECASTxSALES'[SALES]),
    FILTER(
        ALL('CALENDAR'),
        ( 
            ('CALENDAR'[FiscalYearOrder] = MAX('CALENDAR'[FiscalYearOrder])) &&
            ( VALUE('CALENDAR'[FiscalMonthOrder]) <= (IF(VALUE(MONTH(TODAY()))>=9,VALUE(MONTH(TODAY()))-8,VALUE(MONTH(TODAY()))+4)))
        )
    )
)

I want to modify this measure so that it takes the maximun FiscalMonthOrder of the filtered CALENDAR table instead the actual month's fiscal month order. The problem is that in this measure I have already used ALL() to remove the filters of the CALENDAR table.

CALCULATE(
    SUM('FORECASTxSALES'[SALES]),
    FILTER(
        ALL('CALENDAR'),
        ( 
            ('CALENDAR'[FiscalYearOrder] = MAX('CALENDAR'[FiscalYearOrder])) &&
            ( VALUE('CALENDAR'[FiscalMonthOrder]) <= MAX('CALENDAR'[FiscalMonthOrder]))
        )
    )
)

The previous example would return the maximun FiscalMonthOrder of the calendar table, but if the user has filtered the FiscalMonthOrder it wouldn't impact the masure, and I want it to impact.
I want the measure to return the actual fiscal year sales up to the maximun month selected by the user.

1 REPLY 1
Wilson_
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hello!

Assuming FiscalMonthOrder is the field the user is selecting in a slicer, I've modified your measure to the below. I created a variable to hold the selected month if the report viewer has picked one and the maximum FiscalMonthOrder (like you originally had) if the report viewer has not.

Please let me know if this works for you or if you were looking for something different. 😄 

VAR SelectedMonth =
IF (
    HASONEVALUE ( 'CALENDAR'[FiscalMonthOrder] ),
    SELECTEDVALUE ( 'CALENDAR'[FiscalMonthOrder] ),
    MAX ( 'CALENDAR'[FiscalMonthOrder] )
)

RETURN
CALCULATE (
    SUM ( 'FORECASTxSALES'[SALES] ),
    FILTER (
        ALL ( 'CALENDAR' ),
        ( 
            ( 'CALENDAR'[FiscalYearOrder] = MAX ( 'CALENDAR'[FiscalYearOrder] ) ) &&
            ( VALUE ( 'CALENDAR'[FiscalMonthOrder] ) <= SelectedMonth )
        )
    )
)

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors