Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

DSiddell
Regular Visitor

How do I reference Timeslicer 2.4.0 in Calculated Columns and Dax?

Hi,

I am building an OpEx report that has manual adjustments that I use to correct transactions that belong to a different department or in a different account.  When Accounting posts a correction in another period, the data is correct when you look at the results year to date.  I want to be able to show results as they should be if you filter for a prior month without double counting those corrections when they show up in the data. 

Right now I have a table of Manual Adjustments set up to factor those adjustments into my summaries.  If we correct for something in February and Accounting posts a correcting entry in May, my numbers will be correct until May and then from May onward, I will be double counting those entries.  Is there a way to create a calculated column in my Adjustments Table that references the time period selected in the Timeline 2.4.0 slicer?  Because my summary runs off of that, I feel like any logic I build into my PBIX file will also need to run off of what is selected there.  Even if I change the Summary to run off of check boxes for the period vs the Timeline 2.4.0 slicer, everything will still be based on those periods selected.  I don't know if changing that would make what I'm trying to do more possible or not.

If I did this in Excel I would use a dropdown menu to select the month that I want to show and I would update my Adjustments Table with a second Period column to show when the adjustment was posted.  I could build a formula to include or exclude those corrections based on the month I've selected in the Summary sheet.  I'm new to PowerBI and need to be able to account for those changes in the correct months based on the month or months I've selected.  

Thank you,

Dan

1 REPLY 1
v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @DSiddell 

Can you provide a case that describes your needs in detail through data and calculation logic, as well as the final results you need ? From the text description you have provided so far, it is not very clear to understand your needs.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors