Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

BharathM
Helper IV
Helper IV

Hover Over Descriptions On Each Field in Matrix Visual

Hi Everyone

I have matrix visual and 30 plus fields are there for  Each of the Titles Need to show description of what the cell contains

and the values are switch to rows Enabled for each Values name i need to show the description 

For Example when my mouse hover on actual Deliveries "The deliveries are completed" this description Display
when i hover Planned Deliveries "The Deliveries are Planned"
when i hover On cost Delivery "The cost of Delivery"
when i hover on Target Delivery "The Delivery are target price" 

Note there is a scrolling effect also there in the matrix visual 30 plus columns are there 

Here is sample pbix file Need a Measure to show exact values in the table to matrix visual (1) (2).pbix

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-xinruzhu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @BharathM 

1.create a measure

Actual Deliveries = COUNTA('All Data'[Delivery ID])

2.Then create a new table

Table = {"Actual Deliveries","Planned Deliveries","Cost Delivery","Target Delivery"}

3.Put the field to the Row, then create measure and put the measure to the value field

Values = SWITCH(TRUE(),MAX('Table'[Value])="Actual Deliveries",[Actual Deliveries],MAX('Table'[Value])="Planned Deliveries",[Measure],MAX('Table'[Value])="Target Delivery",[Measure 3],[Measure 2])

vxinruzhumsft_0-1676613787939.png

4.Then creata a measure to as a custom tooltips and put it to a card visual

Tooltips = SWITCH(TRUE(),MAX('Table'[Value])="Actual Deliveries","The deliveries are completed",MAX('Table'[Value])="Planned Deliveries","The Deliveries are Planned",MAX('Table'[Value])="Target Delivery","The Delivery are target price","The cost of Delivery")

Output

vxinruzhumsft_1-1676613904525.png

vxinruzhumsft_2-1676613911851.png

The following link about how to create custom tooltip

Customizing tooltips in Power BI Desktop - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Best Regards!

Yolo Zhu

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
v-xinruzhu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @BharathM 

1.create a measure

Actual Deliveries = COUNTA('All Data'[Delivery ID])

2.Then create a new table

Table = {"Actual Deliveries","Planned Deliveries","Cost Delivery","Target Delivery"}

3.Put the field to the Row, then create measure and put the measure to the value field

Values = SWITCH(TRUE(),MAX('Table'[Value])="Actual Deliveries",[Actual Deliveries],MAX('Table'[Value])="Planned Deliveries",[Measure],MAX('Table'[Value])="Target Delivery",[Measure 3],[Measure 2])

vxinruzhumsft_0-1676613787939.png

4.Then creata a measure to as a custom tooltips and put it to a card visual

Tooltips = SWITCH(TRUE(),MAX('Table'[Value])="Actual Deliveries","The deliveries are completed",MAX('Table'[Value])="Planned Deliveries","The Deliveries are Planned",MAX('Table'[Value])="Target Delivery","The Delivery are target price","The cost of Delivery")

Output

vxinruzhumsft_1-1676613904525.png

vxinruzhumsft_2-1676613911851.png

The following link about how to create custom tooltip

Customizing tooltips in Power BI Desktop - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Best Regards!

Yolo Zhu

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thanks @v-xinruzhu-msft  its working

But here tooltip want to show only  on the hover on values only  not every column

I mean in the matrix visual rows field there only to show not on the values or totals 

Show only on particular matrix row column 

Hi @BharathM 

It will  diplay when you  hover on values, you can download the pbix file I offered above.

Best Regards!

Yolo Zhu

yes @v-xinruzhu-msft 

i have seen the pbix file but my requirement is shown only this particular rows field name of measure only not the values 

just want to show only the name of measure only as image below

BharathM_0-1676625949404.png

Hi @BharathM 

After testing, it cannot make judgments which measure is be hovered if the measure names cannot be used as columns, becasure when you hover on one column of the location, it will display all measure values of the location.

Best Regards!

Yolo Zhu

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors