Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

ouafaa
Helper II
Helper II

Ho to calculate the cumulative of a mesure, month by month

hello,

I have a measure that calculates a sum of a column of the sales history table according to the month and the year chosen on two slicers month and year (doing conditions based on choosen month and year in a slicer) I want to make another mesure which makes me the accumulation of the first mesure when I choose several months knowing that the sum must be = the sum of the first measure month by month between a minimum month chosen and a maximum month chosen since on the month filter I have the possibility of choosing several months how can i do that?
it's as if I have to make a sum on the result of a function with entry of each function one month among the months chosen on the slicer total = function(minchosenmonth,chosenyear)+function(month2,chosenyear) ... function(maxchosenmonth,chosenyear

simple sum gives me wrong value

Thank you for any help

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
johnt75
Super User
Super User

If the slicer is choosing a range of dates from your Date table then you could do

Total =
var summaryTable = ADDCOLUMNS( VALUES('Date'[Year month]), "@val", [Existing measure])
return SUMX( summaryTable, [@val])

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
johnt75
Super User
Super User

If the slicer is choosing a range of dates from your Date table then you could do

Total =
var summaryTable = ADDCOLUMNS( VALUES('Date'[Year month]), "@val", [Existing measure])
return SUMX( summaryTable, [@val])

Hello,

It works! thank you very much !

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@ouafaa ,  Not very clear

You can try a measure like

Cumm Sales = CALCULATE(SUM(Sales[Sales Amount]),filter(allselected('Date'),'Date'[date] <=max('Date'[date])))

If this does not help
Can you share sample data and sample output in table format? Or a sample pbix after removing sensitive data.

Hello,

Thank you for your help but it does not work.

My PBIX is too large and contains sensitive data, I will create a sample one juste like an exemple or juste copy some excpected results and will share it so you can see what i'm trying to do

Thank you again

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors