Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

mf2499pbi
Frequent Visitor

Hierarchy Not Rolling Up As expected

Hi All, 

I am using a switch function to sum up values in a Power BI matrix, but the hierarchy is not rolling up as I expected it to. I am using a switch function to flip between the value I want for France and the values for the rest of countries. 

Here is my DAX:

Test Rollup  = switch(SELECTEDVALUE('Hierarchy'[level2]), "FRANCE", sum('Table'[Amount1])/1000, sum('Table'[Amount2] )/1000)

The Matrix seems to be only rolling up the values for the second argument in the switch function. I would the total to be 1,602.57 as France should be zero, but it is adding the value for Amount2 instead of Amount1. Does anyone know why this is? Please see image below and let me know if there are any questions. 

mf2499pbi_0-1667244920017.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-xiaotang
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @mf2499pbi 

Thanks for reaching out to us.

please try the measures below

Measure = SWITCH(SELECTEDVALUE('Table'[Column1]),"FRANCE",sum('Table'[amount1])/1000, sum('Table'[amount2] )/1000)
TEST = IF(HASONEFILTER('Table'[Column1]),[Measure],SUMX('Table',[Measure]))

then put measure [TEST] into matrix,

vxiaotang_0-1667898946687.png

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Tang

If this post helps, please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-xiaotang
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @mf2499pbi 

Thanks for reaching out to us.

please try the measures below

Measure = SWITCH(SELECTEDVALUE('Table'[Column1]),"FRANCE",sum('Table'[amount1])/1000, sum('Table'[amount2] )/1000)
TEST = IF(HASONEFILTER('Table'[Column1]),[Measure],SUMX('Table',[Measure]))

then put measure [TEST] into matrix,

vxiaotang_0-1667898946687.png

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Tang

If this post helps, please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@mf2499pbi , Try like

Test Rollup =

Sumx(Values(('Hierarchy'[level2] ) , calculate(switch(SELECTEDVALUE('Hierarchy'[level2]), "FRANCE", sum('Table'[Amount1])/1000, sum('Table'[Amount2] )/1000)) ))

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors