Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

mwimberger
Resolver II
Resolver II

Hide dates on axis where ratio is not calculated

Hi Folks and @Stachu 

I have a visual which plots the ratio of two measures as updown graphs, which use a combination measures to achieve what my boss wanted to see. I need to try and not show the areas in red, so that the user doesn't have to adjust the timeline continously using the Time Line Slicer. I'm thinking a filtered date table but I didn't have succes with that.

2019-07-29_11-57-31.jpg

Background information :You will notice that the bars are showing the difference of the ratio from 1 ( the closer the ratio is to one or partity - the better) green bars show a ratio greater than one, and red less than one.
Questions:

Can I make the date on the axis only show the period where the ratio ( F1) is calculated, and can I restrict the rolling averages from not projecting "into the future"

I was wondering if there is an easier method to "clip" or filter the time line to only show months where there is information to display?

Hope someone has an elegant solution to only show the bars and lines for months where the ratio is informed and not the blank periods. I was trying to use the filter pane but that doesn't seem to work either.

Cheers and thanks in advance 

Manfred

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi.

Mate, to automatically hide the areas where there's no ratio or where the ratio makes no sense, you should return BLANKS. Just adjust your measures. Visuals work the same way that a simple table does: if there's only BLANKS in a row, the row does not get displayed.

Best

Darek

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi.

Mate, to automatically hide the areas where there's no ratio or where the ratio makes no sense, you should return BLANKS. Just adjust your measures. Visuals work the same way that a simple table does: if there's only BLANKS in a row, the row does not get displayed.

Best

Darek

Hi @Anonymous 

Thanks mate - I used the Blank() tweak the formulas (especially the constant lines - I couldn't add the analytics feature to add constant lines. But ....I was still getting all the dates presented in the graphics. And then I remembered to check the "Show items with no data" on the axis box. Boom - solved! Feel quite relieved and sheepish 😌at the same time. Thanks again for the help!

2019-07-30_10-10-54.jpg

Anonymous
Not applicable

In truth... I didn't even know there was the option you mention 🙂

All good that ends well...

Best

Darek

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors