Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

neha369
Helper I
Helper I

Hex code to colour visibility in slicer

Hello ,

I have a column of hex codes. I want to filter the whole report on the basis of Hex code. How ever in filter i want to replace hex codes with the colur it represents. 

Any thoughts on this ?

5 REPLIES 5
jeevanabattu
Helper I
Helper I

Can anyone please help? I have the same issue, I wanted Hex codes to appear as colors in Slicers.

Please find below screen shot :

jeevanabattu_0-1683789601617.png

I have a table with column name 

Project name Hex code
ABC#32C12C
PQR#7F4FC9

I want Hex code in slicer to see project name in grid. However I want not the text to be visible in slicer but it should replace by colour. Do any one have idea how to represent the same. 

This page describes how, mind;

To use this in a visualization, change the Format by option to Field value in the advanced controls, then select the new measure as the source for the formatting. 

https://www.blue-granite.com/blog/controlling-conditional-formatting-using-dax

So you create a table as slicer with coloured cells as described in the link. The cell values (hex codes) can be coloured like the background.

Please mark as solution if this works for you.

Kind regards Steve

Yes, By using conditional formatting we can color the grid background/Font. But my requirement is to make color options available in Slicer itself , so that when the client choose for ex.  red color from the filter it will get project name  in red color. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors